Patient Services Representative
Company: Oklahoma Arthritis Center
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Oklahoma Arthritis Center (OAC) is an
Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants
without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job Summary:Greet and assist patients and visitors in a prompt,
friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Obtain all
preliminary information required for the patient's chart. Collect
appropriate co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance, and past due
balances from patients. Accurately and effectively schedule patient
appointments. Answer incoming telephone calls in a prompt,
courteous, and professional manner. Essential Functions:
- Greet and appropriately assist all patients and visitors in a
prompt, friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Appropriately
and courteously screen solicitors for relevance to practice
- Collect and accurately enter required patient information in
the Practice Management System to ensure the necessary information
is available for clinic staff and to ensure accurate and timely
filing of insurance claims and billing.
- Verify insurance information and demographics are correct,
current, and updated in the Practice Management System at each
- Obtain required signatures on legal consent and insurance forms
to protect medical facility.
- Promptly answer phones in a friendly, courteous and
professional manner. Route calls appropriately to staff and help
with call processing of voicemails.
- Explain financial requirements to patients or responsible
parties and collect appropriate co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance
and past due balances.
- Explain practice policies, regulations, and services, such as
office hours, payment expectations, etc.
- Answer (or direct to the appropriate staff) patient's questions
- Effectively schedule appointments for provider visits,
infusions, lab work and imaging.
- Prepare and mail out New Patient packets in a timely
- Track no show appointments and notify provider and/or referring
physician of no show. Prepare, complete and mail no show letters to
patients and/or referring physician.
- Balance cash drawer at end of day per practice protocol.
- Use customer service principles and techniques to deal with
patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and follow HIPAA
- Promote a professional image by adhering to the established
dress code as listed in Employee Handbook.
- Check and resolve assigned tasks in EMR program. Additional
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist co-workers as needed.
- Recognize when others are in need of assistance, information or
directions and offers to help when able, or find someone who
- Responsible for neatness of work area to include stocking and
cleaning. Be productive when faced with any "down time" during work
- Maintain emotional control and diplomacy at all times.
- Maintain open and positive lines of communication.
- Consistently report to work on time, begins work promptly and
perform duties for entire scheduled shift.
- Maintain absenteeism within company policy.
- Notify Administration of absences and tardiness in a timely
- Read new policies and documents as instructed.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate sensible and efficient use of equipment and
supplies by limiting waste, spoilage or damage. Performance
- Knowledge of medical practice protocols related to scheduling
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling systems.
- Knowledge of customer service principals and techniques.
- Skill in communicating effectively with providers, co-workers
and patients in regards to scheduling.
- Skill in organizational matters, including time-management,
prioritization, multitasking, and problem solving.
- Skill in operating office equipment.Abilities:
- Ability to use multi-line phone system.
- Ability to speak clearly and loudly enough to be heard by
callers and patients.
- Ability to multitask effectively, dealing with phone calls,
in-office patients, staff and others pleasantly.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff and
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly. Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years customer service experience.
- Medical office experience is preferred.
- Computer experience, especially with Practice Management
Systems and/or an Electronic Medical Records system,
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Physical ability to sit, perform data entry and view computer
screen for long periods at a time.
- Occasional exposure to communicable diseases and
- Daily standing, walking, bending, and maneuvering.
- Responsible for occasionally lifting objects up to 50 pounds or
more. Travel Requirements:Travel may be required. Scheduled Working
Hours:Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through
Thursday and 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Friday. Hours may vary
depending upon the needs of the position, department, and
clinic.Other Duties:Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or to contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change from time to time, with or without notice. Equipment
Operated:Standard office equipment including: computers, printers,
faxes, copiers, postage machine, etc.
Keywords: Oklahoma Arthritis Center, Edmond , Patient Services Representative, Sales , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!