Company: Ralph's Family Pharmacy
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ralph's Family Pharmacy (RFP) is an independent pharmacy that
strives to go the extra mile for our patients. We often know our
patients on a first name basis and we make them feel like part of
our family. There wouldn't be a pharmacy without the support of the
community and in turn we like to give back to the community. If you
think you would be a good fit at Ralph's Family Pharmacy, we look
forward to hearing from you.
Job Description: We are looking for dedicated technicians who are
friendly, energetic, detail-orientated, and want to work in a
patient centered pharmacy.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older
* High School diploma or GED
* Must be licensed by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy as a
* Excellent computer, typing, communication, phone, and math
* Understands and can perform basic pharmaceutical calculations
* Reads and transcribes pharmaceutical information
* Ability to learn and accurately operate pharmacy computer
systems, cash register, and other equipment
* Attention to detail
* Excellent phone etiquette
* Flexibility to work days, weekends, nights, and holidays, as
* Must be able to lift and carry items, as well as stand for
duration of shift
* Familiarity with PioneerRx
* National Certification (ex. PTCB or CPhT)
* Compounding Experience
* Marketing & Sales Experience
At RFP a pharmacy technician will at most times be required to:
* Collect patient history from patient or an agent of patient.
* Enter prescription data into the computer and monitor label
* If a written prescription is presented or if an oral order has
been reduced to writing by the pharmacist, input that prescription
into the pharmacy computer system, as long as the accuracy is
checked by the pharmacist.
* Review a patient profile to retrieve specific clerical and other
information as directed by a pharmacist
* Receive, unpack, sticker, & stock Prescription (RX) and OTC
* Maintain assigned work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly
* Store drug orders, file, and retrieve various pharmacy records as
* Package completed prescriptions by facility for delivery and
deliver the packaged prescription to the facility.
* Deliver packaged prescriptions to facilities, adult family homes
or assisted living facilities, in care of the patient's care
* Handle non-pharmacist related phone calls regarding:
* Patient requesting refill of a prescription.
* A physician's office requesting refill authorization
* A physician's office authorizing refills providing no changes in
the prescription are involved.
* Anyone concerning price information.
* Anyone regarding business hours or delivery services.
* Anyone regarding the availability of goods and services.
(Depending on the subject matter this might require the technician
to transfer the call to the clerk or Pharmacist)
* A patient or the agent of a patient asking if prescriptions are
refillable, the number of refills left or other information
concerning the availability of refills.
* Wholesalers and distributors concerning the ordering of drugs and
* Call to, or receive a call from, a physician's office dealing
with profile information where no interpretation is necessary, i.e.
quantity, date last filled, price.
* Count and pour from stock bottles for individual prescriptions,
unit and multi-dose packaging, and blister packaging
* Reconstitute or restore the original form of a medication
previously altered for preservation and storage by addition of a
specific quantity of distilled water or provided diluent requiring
* Perform tasks under the pharmacists' supervision such as
obtaining: Individual prepackaged and labeled medications for
prescriptions; or,Stock bottles for prescription filling.
Upon successful completion of in-person interview, chosen applicant
will be required to complete a mandatory drug test, with random
drug testing during employment by RFP.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $16.00 /hour
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Pay: $12.50 - $16.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* How many hours are you willing to work ? Give range.
* How soon can you start?
* What is your availability?
* Can you work evenings and weekends ?
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Pharmacy Technician Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* Pharmacy Technician License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Ralph's Family Pharmacy, Edmond , Pharmacy Technician, Professions , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!