Solid Waste Truck Driver
Company: City of Edmond, OK
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Do you have a passion for serving others? Are you hardworking,
trustworthy and a team player? - If you answered yes, the City of
Edmond is the company to begin your career! WHO WE ARE: The Solid
Waste Services Division of Edmond Public Works provides residential
households and commercial establishments with efficient, cost
effective waste collection and disposal. Services include weekly
waste collection, curbside recycling, monthly bulk collection, and
collection and disposal of city-coded bags. THE LIFE OF A SOLID
WASTE TRUCK DRIVER: The Solid Waste team enthusiastically tackles
the community's trash, recycling, and bulk item collection needs
and strives to provide the highest quality of service. Our Solid
Waste Truck Drivers work independently while operating modern fleet
which offer comfortability with GPS, air conditioning, power
steering and more. - - DUTIES * Operate heavy duty packer refuse
* Dump residential carts or commercial style containers into the
* Transport waste to the transfer station.
* May include servicing roll off containers.
* Leave notification with customers regarding violations of
regulations & report violations.
* Read & understand route sheets to determine street address & type
of services needed.
* Leave notice messages and/or instructions to homeowners about
* Assure that the truck is properly equipped, cleaned and
* Perform truck inspections, tire inflation checks, wash equipment,
clean cab, etc.
* Perform minor vehicle maintenance & report needs to the
supervisor or to the garage. - - - QUALIFICATIONS * High school
diploma or GED equivalent is preferred
* -Prefer 2 Years related experience in solid waste management
* Valid Class "B" Oklahoma Commercial Driver's License with
* Maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance
* Able to learn proper operation of front load, roll off & fork
* Physical Ability to operate required machinery and fulfill duties
of the position.
* Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, or diagram formats.
* Able to effectively communicate information & respond to
questions from customers.
* Able to make simple mathematical calculations.
* Able to solve problems & deal with a variety of known
* Required to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL VACANCIES -ARE FILLED. -
APPLICATIONS: - We are now utilizing on-line application software.
- Click on the "Apply Now" button below to access an on-line
application for submission. - We will no longer -be accepting paper
applications or transfer of applications. SMARTPHONES ARE NOT
SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity
employer. Edmond does not discriminate against employees and/or
potential employees. Adverse action based upon an applicant's
and/or employee's race, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, religion, national origin, pregnancy, disability,
genetic information and military service is expressly prohibited.
No decision affecting the terms, conditions and/or benefits of
employment with the City of Edmond is based upon an individual's
membership in any of the aforementioned protected classes.
Keywords: City of Edmond, OK, Edmond , Solid Waste Truck Driver, Professions , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!