RN - Chemotherapy
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 22, 2019
Under general supervision, provide professional nursing care for
patients following established standards and practices.
Demonstrates knowledge of age specific differences in the patient
population including late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and
the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and
developmental differences unique to each group.?Responsibilities:
- Obtain vital signs, review medications, laboratory results and
document patient assessment in preparation for the physician
- Assist physician with office procedures such as Bone Marrow
Biopsy, Pulse Oximetry, Suture Removal, etc.
- Document verbal orders, telephone conversations, scheduled
procedures, medication refills, etc. Triage phone calls for
physician in order to advise and/or determine if appointment is
- Arrange for treatment and/or procedures (blood products, port
placement, chemotherapy and infusion services). Communicate with
pharmacies, treatment room, laboratory department, or any other
department and staff to benefit the overall patient care.
- Oversee physician schedule and act as liaison between the front
office and physician to ensure an acceptable work flow. Work with
financial counselor to ensure prescribed treatment is available to
all in need of financial assistance. Oversee the release of
information and completion of insurance forms, disability forms and
patient assistance forms.
- Monitor and chart patient?s lab values, interpret values to
proceed with treatment and ensure precertification is in order
before administering chemotherapy/treatment.
- Access peripheral veins; assess for appropriate site; access,
utilize, and care for Central Venous Access Device; perform
phlebotomies; operate infusion pump, CADD pump and other related
- Monitor patient during administration of drugs, observing for
possible adverse reactions, responding appropriately to
Hypersensitivity Reactions and completion of Hypersensitivity
- Provide comprehensive patient/family teaching material. Refer
patients/family to appropriate resources, and interact with members
of the patient care team to coordinate patient care.
- Perform accurate and timely documentation of chemotherapy
administration and other medications administration in EPIC, and
accurate charging of drug administrative charges in EPIC.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions
of this position.Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications
in the treatment of cancer.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).Preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Nursing experience in an oncology environment.Physical
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital?St. Anthony Hospital is
a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST? Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Edmond , RN - Chemotherapy, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!