Care Team Associate - Med Surg- Nights
Company: OU Medical System
Posted on: September 6, 2019
CARE TEAM ASSOCIATE - MED SURG
OU MEDICAL CENTER - EDMOND, OK
Under general supervision of a registered nurse, performs routine
tasks in patient care.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Under direct supervision of the RN and in collaboration with the
patient and family, systematically and continually monitors the
patient s health status and implements the plan of care.
* Carries out physician and nursing orders as directed by the
* Takes/records blood pressures, temperatures, pulse and weighs
* Performs blood glucose monitoring.
* Monitors intravenous infusions and transfusions as directed by
* Sets up and discontinues telemetry monitor.
* Collects specimens as directed.
* Applies sterile dressings, removal of sutures, staples and/or
drains. Performs all sterile procedures as assigned.
* Performs stomal irrigation and applies colostomy pouches.
* Performs oral and tracheostomy suctioning.
* Administers tube feedings to patients.
* Takes emergency actions as required.
* Performs all treatments and procedures as defined on initial
* Reports symptoms and significant changes in patient s condition
or behavior to RN.
* Assists with admission, discharge and transfer process.
* Transports patients to and from various treatment centers when
necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out of
stretchers and wheelchairs.
* Keeps the patient s room in clean and orderly condition; makes
beds, replaces soiled linen.
* Assists in restocking rooms with supplies and equipment as
* Duties may be performed for one patient or more than one
* When assigned to one patient, provides care, observes the patient
and does not leave the patient alone.
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months experience in a healthcare
setting OR completion of a health related vocational education
course of at least 3 months OR completion of the first semester of
clinical education in an associate or bachelor s degree program for
a health care discipline.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: BLS upon hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of basic nursing
techniques and procedures. Ability to communicate effectively, and
follow written and oral instructions; and to maintain effective
working relations with others.
OU Medicine has a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO,
401(k), medical and dental plans, but our offerings go beyond
traditional packages. We know that a total benefits and
compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs and
goals both inside and outside of the work environment, brings
additional rewards that create peace of mind for you and your
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Edmond , Care Team Associate - Med Surg- Nights, Other , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!