Company: CF Industries
Posted on: November 16, 2022
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed
and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe
and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined
capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part
of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging
knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work
and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that
help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different
areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its
values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an
authentic team that encourages you to share your views and
opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States,
Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage,
transportation and distribution network in North America, and
logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our
strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the
world's transition to clean energy.Function: MaintenanceJob
Summary:This position is to support the sites EHS activities of
safety and environmental. The person is accountable for providing
technical/maintenance supervision support to Electrical and
Instrumentation (E&I) Supervisor, Rotating Equipment
Supervisor, and Mechanical Supervisor. The Maintenance
Superintendent is responsible for day-to-day maintenance activities
and support of long-term maintenance development. The
superintendent will work in the plants computerized maintenance
management system (CMMS) to oversee work to be performed by
technicians and contractors. Other tasks include, but are not
limited to analyzing a technical problem, field checking,
specifying applicable equipment, developing cost and scheduling
estimates. The maintenance superintendent is responsible to ensure
design safety by incorporating CF standards, government codes, and
sound engineering design practices.Job Description:This position is
to support the sites EHS activities of safety and environmental.
The person is accountable for providing technical/maintenance
supervision support to Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I)
Supervisor, Rotating Equipment Supervisor, and Mechanical
Supervisor. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for
day-to-day maintenance activities and support of long-term
maintenance development. The superintendent will work in the plants
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to oversee work
to be performed by technicians and contractors. Other tasks
include, but are not limited to analyzing a technical problem,
field checking, specifying applicable equipment, developing cost
and scheduling estimates. The maintenance superintendent is
responsible to ensure design safety by incorporating CF standards,
government codes, and sound engineering design practices.
- Supports site EHS activities through compliance with all
environmental, health and safety policies/procedures, and through
active participation in EHS programs and initiatives.
- Position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- Supervises the activities craft supervisors. Position works
directly with engineers, maintenance clerk, mechanical integrity
supervisor, facility and shutdown planners as well as diverse work
groups outside of the maintenance department.
- Ensures safe execution of all maintenance work.
- Ensure work is executed in a professional manner and work is of
the highest quality.
- Ensure technicians are trained in the maintenance of all
systems at the site via a training/progression program involving
manufacturers, vendors, and site specific information.
- Assist in budget development and ensures adherence to
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with the
maintenance, engineering, operations and EHS departments.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts to provide the
goods and services required during activities.
- Ensures that outside services can be provided as needed for any
of the equipment activities. This includes coordinating with safety
and security personnel to assure that outside contractors and
vendors adhere to CF's procedures and provide a smooth transition
when entering and exiting the plant site.
- Works with procurement, engineering, operations and outside
suppliers as required.
- Ensures the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program is
maintained, and updated as necessary.
- Helps develop the criteria for preventative maintenance
frequencies in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager, engineers,
supervisors, and planners.
- Monitors department performance through PM completion
efficiency, backlog and recommends actions to maintain completion
- Insures that the Management of Change (MOC) in maintenance
procedures and operating procedures, that are a result of modifying
current equipment or a new installation, are communicated with
- Monitors new technology for ideas to reduce cost and improve
plant on-stream time.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems and recommends solutions as
- Maintains close communication with all levels of
- Understands and complies with established departmental
processes and procedures designed to support internal controls
efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department
management internal controls deficiencies.
- Supports the initiatives of continuous improvement through
teamwork and the application of the quality planning and
improvement principles.Job Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree, in engineering preferred with 5 years'
experience working as an engineer, supervisor and/or planner
preferably in an industrial chemical setting.
- Previous supervision experience preferred. Solid communication
skills including the ability to compose written documents and
interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Works in a safe manner that promotes EHS goals of the plant and
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision-making
- Strong knowledge of asset maintenance as well as maintenance
practices and procedures. Good general knowledge of PC software
applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook and able to utilize
an electronic maintenance management software.
- Results oriented and initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work as
a team player.
- Must be able to climb stairs, enter confined spaces, and able
to lift 50 lbs. Ability to provide directions to and work with
others to achieve the desired outcomes including the ability to
promote and develop employees.
- Requires being capable of handling several projects and support
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as
detailed below: Pay Transparency
Employee Polygraph Protection
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by
viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act". If you need any assistance
seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need
reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call
847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.JOIN OUR
Keywords: CF Industries, Edmond , Supt, Maintenance, Other , Woodward, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!