Posted on: June 21, 2022
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Part-Time Librarian who
has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional security setting. Who We Are: CoreCivic is the
leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and
detention management services, providing effective programs that
enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after
release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70
security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are
driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To
Change the lives of those in your care! The Part-Time Librarian
oversees the activities of a general purpose and/or law library
designed to accommodate the social, educational and legal interest
and needs of an inmate/resident population. Acquires and maintains
adequate resource materials in accordance with court mandates,
contract, audit requirements, and applicable policies. This is a
part-time position that regularly works less than 30 hours per
Develop and maintain library catalog
system, classification, and circulation system to facilitate
reference/research services.Examine book reviews, publishers'
catalogs and other information sources to recommend acquisition of
material consistent with the needs of the population. Order and
maintain reference materials, and assist inmates in locating and
selecting materials to encourage the use of reading programs.Direct
inmate workers and/or staff in receiving, shelving and locating
materials consistent with the needs of the population, to include
current legal/law reference materials, as applicable.Manage the
ordering, processing and circulation of inter-library book
loans.Develop procedures governing the use of library, equipment
and supplies, and oversees the maintenance and sanitation of
library areas. This position is a Pay Grade
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related field is
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience with library procedures and operations, to include
circulation methods, cataloging and legal reference materials is
- Must possess certificate, license or other credentials required
by contract or state of employment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software
applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Edmond , Librarian, Part-Time, Other , Cushing, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!