Family Services Specialist III
Company: Oklahoma Human Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionFamily Services Specialist IIIThis position is
located in Guthrie, Oklahoma.Travel is Extensive - Must possess a
valid driver's license and maintain required car insurance.Annual
- Level III H14C: $41,456.13/Annually + Full State BenefitsDHS
offers free child care for all employees. This benefit will be in
effect until December 31, 2022. For more information contact
email@example.com or visit the program website at
https://www.kith.care/.Minimum Qualifications:Family Services
- Master's degree.
- Or a bachelor's degree and one year of experience in
professional social work.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience,
substituting one additional year of experience in professional
social work for each year of the bachelor's degree.Job
ResponsibilitiesThe Career Development Specialist provides
individual career guidance through the assessment of participant
interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics
for career planning purposes. The CDS will empower and motivate
individuals to gain sustainable employment by creating a plan,
fostering accountability, building partnerships, and coordinating
training and employment activities with participants.Essential
- Provide individual vocational guidance through assessment of
participant interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality
characteristics for vocational/ educational planning purposes.
- Conduct interviews with participants to assess participant
employment/training status, provide program information and
requirements, develop initial Career Plans, and provide and explain
all appropriate forms and documentation.
- Meet regularly with participants by office visit, phone, remote
meetings, and face-to-face home visits to update Career Plans and
Schedules, provide career pathway coaching, make any referrals to
services as needed, monitor progress, and assist with
transportation if necessary.
- Meet with participants to address non-compliance with program
requirements if needed.
- Update and maintain participants' physical and digital files
and correspondence; monitor and record progress and actual hours
worked in compliance with required work participation hours through
regular contacts and maintain accurate and detailed records in
- Act as liaison/coordinator of activities between TANF and other
- Provide regular support to participants' who have obtained
employment to foster support for job success and retention.
- Ability to work on a diverse team and directly with people from
diverse backgrounds specifically racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and
disabilities.In addition to the essential functions listed above
the Career Development Specialist is expected to:
- Have experience in identifying the needs of others, coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
or skills, especially in preparation for obtaining suitable
- Demonstrate tact and a high level of professionalism due to the
sensitive nature of the position.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle difficult situations with
respect and courtesy.
- Make sound rational decisions and recommendations without
- Demonstrate efficient time management and prioritizes workload
- Participate in various departmental meetings and/or
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all TANF guidelines at all
times.__________If you have questions, please contact
DHS.Careers@okdhs.orgOKDHS is a Fair Chance Employer.This is a
position in the Oklahoma Civil Service Announcement
22-GH12083001518Powered by JazzHR3JP1eNy9pO
Keywords: Oklahoma Human Services, Edmond , Family Services Specialist III, Other , Guthrie, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!