Respiratory Therapist Per Diem - OPT DAYS - Pulmonary Medicine - INTEGRIS Health Edmond
Company: Integris Health
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Respiratory Therapist Per Diem
Job Code: 5046
The Per Diem Respiratory Therapist assumes responsibility for the
management and delivery of patient care for their assigned areas.
This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to
National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of
patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Per Diem Respiratory Therapist RRT responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers a wide variety of therapeutic services and diagnostic
tests to various patient types
• Sets up all equipment/supplies needed and provides assistance to
the physicians during special procedures
• Performs assessments and re assessments of patient history, chest
x-rays, vital signs, blood gases, progress notes, etc. in order to
appropriate therapy modalities/frequencies or effects of conscious
sedation and communicates this to the physician
• Performs arterial punctures or blood gas analysis for arterial
• Performs intubation as needed or requested where credentialed and
approved by the medical staff
• Provides onboarding education to new departmental staff and
assists students rotating through the hospital
The Respiratory Therapist RRT is accountable to the assigned
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for
exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body
fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Potential for bodily
injury related to lifting and incidents of workplace violence. Must
follow universal safety precautions. Exposed to constant
interruptions, noise, disagreeable odors, and assorted chemicals.
May have multiple floors assigned per shift. May be required to be
on call status.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Graduate of a Registry Eligible Respiratory Therapy School
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (Graduates will have 6 months to
become registered. If employee fails to become registered within
the 6 months, will be moved to Occasional Part Time (5066).
• Current Respiratory Care Practitioner License issued by the
Oklahoma Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision (OSBMLS). The
incumbent may work under a 'temporary Letter to Practice' issued by
OSBMLS until the board meets to issue their Respiratory Care
• ACLS certification or must obtain within 60 days of hire.
• NRP certification or must obtain within 180 days of hire
• PALS certification preferred
• Conscious Sedation certification required before participating in
IV Conscious Sedation procedures.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Keywords: Integris Health, Edmond , Respiratory Therapist Per Diem - OPT DAYS - Pulmonary Medicine - INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Other , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!