RN - Circulatory Surgery - INTEGRIS Health Edmond
Company: Integris Health
Posted on: July 15, 2021
INTEGRIS Health Edmond has doubled in size and grows with the
community of Edmond, OK. Join our Surgical Services team full time
as an RN Circulator. Day shift 06:30 - 1700, with call.
Our full time caregivers earn excellent benefits to include
medical, dental, vision, retirement savings plan with match, paid
personal time off and much more! RNs enjoy extra programs to
develop their careers into leadership, national certification and
involvement with continuous improvement.
RN Circulatory Surgery
Job Code: 7340
Provides direct and indirect nursing care to patients in pre
operative, peri operative and post operative surgical arena,
utilizing the nursing process. Performs other duties as required.
Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on
the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in
any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law,
including protected veteran or disability status.
The RN Circulatory Surgery responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
• Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned
nursing unit in a comprehensive manner.
• Verifies operative permit, checks history and physical,
laboratory values, diagnostic studies and communicates findings to
other members of the health care team.
• Performs on going assessments and documents according to surgical
• Performs and /or assures completed assessment on all surgical
• Plans patient care in collaboration with patient, family and
health care team.
• Assigns surgical cases according to patient need and technician's
scope of practice.
• Confirms identities of patient, correct procedure and surgical
• Directs and implements patient care activities on assigned units
to assure the delivery of quality care.
• Assists anesthesia during induction of anesthetic agents, with
monitoring output, and physical behavior of patient.
• Ensures proper surgical / patient preparation during pre
operative phase of surgery.
• Assists with positioning and safety of patient while using proper
• Ensures proper equipping of surgical suite to perform required
• Assists surgeon in aseptic prepping of patient and maintains
sterility of surgical area during procedure.
• Communicates all aspects of required information to proper
personnel during surgical procedure.
• Insures patient safety during all aspects of surgical process
according to hospital guidelines.
• Interacts directly with patient's families to ensure proper
communication of required procedures.
• Maintains and insures proper flow of patient and required
procedures during the surgical process.
Reports to the Surgical Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Exposure to hazardous risks, work environment conditions)
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure
Compact (eNLC) member state
• Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days
of hire required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
• Previous Registered Nurse experience preferred.
Keywords: Integris Health, Edmond , RN - Circulatory Surgery - INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Other , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!