Electric Journey Lineman Class 1
Department: Electric Department
Journey Lineman Salary: $37.83 Per Hour
THIS IS A SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION.
Are you reliable, knowledgeable, hardworking, and
trustworthy? Are you safety aware of the hazards in the
lineman field? This might be the perfect career for you?
What we are looking for: Someone with integrity. Someone who is
open to improvements, willing to identify problems, and willing to
speak the truth boldly.
Our mission- Provide high quality electric service at a
competitive price responding to our customers’ needs with
About us: Edmond Electric is Oklahoma's largest community-owned
electric utility. Edmond Electric has served the Edmond
community since 1908. Today, Edmond Electric provides
electric services to more than 93,000 residents within the City of
Edmond corporate city limits.
About the position:
- As an Electric Journey Lineman you will work with the Lead
Journeyman Lineman in coordinating the work of operation and
maintenance personnel, including contractor crews, to assure safe,
efficient job performance producing quality results.
- Work involves climbing poles and handling high
- Responsible for enforcement of safety policies and seeing that
construction standards are followed.
- Considerable independent action is required.
- Must understand the empowerment concept and encourage other
team members to take initiative in planning, coordination, and
problem solving for crew
- Construction, maintenance and repair of power distribution
- Operate and maintain the existing distribution system and
construction of new facilities.
- Perform work on energized and non-energized circuits.
- Climb poles or ride in bucket attached to truck mounted
- Coordinate the work to assure safe, efficient job performance
producing quality results.
- Continually learn to read and interpret electrical power
circuit plans and specifications.
- Continually learn the methods, materials and equipment
- Continually learn construction standards, code requirements and
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must have
completed or be willing to complete within one year (testing and
skills evaluation), an apprenticeship program equivalent to the
City of Edmond Electric Lineman Apprenticeship Training Program and
- Must have 8,000 hours experience in the occupation and is
currently qualified in the position of Journeyman Lineman.
- Required to live or relocate residence within a 30 minute
response time of the Cross Timbers Municipal Complex located at
2004 Old Timbers Drive.
- Must have or obtain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and an
acceptable driving record.
- Must have or obtain a Class "A" Commercial Driver's License
with required endorsements.
- Must have mechanical aptitude, good math skills and the ability
- Must have knowledge of the materials, tools and equipment to be
- Must have knowledge of the occupational hazards and proper
- Must be physically able to lift heavy objects and climb utility
- Must pass a physical examination at a facility designated by
the City of Edmond.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL VACANCY IS FILLED.
APPLICATIONS: We are now utilizing on-line application
software. Click on the "Apply Now" button below to access an
on-line application for submission. We will no longer be
accepting paper applications or transfer of applications.
SMARTPHONES ARE NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME
The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity employer. Edmond does
not discriminate against employees and/or potential employees.
Adverse action based upon an applicant’s and/or employee’s race,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information and
military service is expressly prohibited. No decision affecting the
terms, conditions and/or benefits of employment with the City of
Edmond is based upon an individual’s membership in any of the
aforementioned protected classes.