Licensed Mental Health Professional
Company: Iowas of Oklahoma
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Licensed Mental Health Professional is responsible to
provide effective mental health, substance abuse and/or
co-occurring prevention and/or treatment for its clients such that
the minimum threshold, as outlined in the State of Oklahoma
Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services standards,
identified for tribal services, regarding treatment outcomes
through services provided, as attained or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective and evidenced based substance abuse, mental
health and/or co-occurring treatment for its clients such that at
least 80 percent of all clients admitted to the program will make
improvements in the following areas of their lives.
- Completion of a biopsychosocial assessment in order to
ascertain client needs, strengths and determine appropriate level
of care using ASAM criteria if applicable.
- Constructive treatment planning and treatment planning revision
with the client in order to collaborate on treatment needs.
- Educational and process oriented individual, group, and/or
family counseling to educate, treat, and assist clients in
treatment and recovery goals.
- Medication management and/or referrals as applicable.
- Aftercare planning, referrals, and placement with the
utilization of support systems and community resources.
Qualifications for Treatment Professional
The following shall constitute the minimum qualifications for
hiring direct care clinical staff to provide mental health and/or
substance abuse services within the BHSAP:
- Must have current Master's level licensure in the State of
Oklahoma, i.e. LPC, LBP, LMFT, LCSW, LADC or currently under
supervision for licensure.
- Applicants providing substance abuse specific treatment must be
able to document in writing one of the following:
- A minimum of forty-five (45) continuing education units (CEU's)
directly related to substance abuse treatment/counseling, etc.,
- A minimum of three (3) college credit hours reflecting
substance abuse specific or co-occurring education, or
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervised experience with
substance abuse and co-occurring clients
Clinical supervision shall be provided for those delivering
direct services and by persons knowledgeable of clinical
- Clinical supervisors shall document licensure with a minimum of
five years of experience and one year of experience as a
- Case reviews for supervision will be conducted on a monthly
basis and may occur in staff meetings. The appropriateness of
treatment selected for the client, treatment goals success, and
staff recommendations for feedback of clinical skills shall be
documented on the case staffing form and filed in each client's
- The supervision provided will include direct observations of
individual, group and educational treatment services on a bi-annual
basis and documented in the Clinical Supervision Manual.
Appropriate counselor to client ratios shall be between 20 and 50
current and active cases and also addressed in individual clinical
supervision sessions. Exceptions will be addressed in supervision
on an individual basis, and through the waiting list at each
- Develop any relevant policy and procedures
- Regular attendance is required
- Performs other duties as assigned
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be insurable and have a valid Oklahoma Driver's
Conditions of Employment:
The Iowa Tribe of Oklahoma operates a drug-free workplace.
- Must submit to and pass applicable drug test.
- Must pass background investigations for suitability of
character identified in accordance with the Indian Child Protection
and Family Violence Prevention Act
- Negative Annual TB testing results
- Hepatitis A & B, Tdap, MMR and Varicella Vaccinations, proof of
previous vaccinations or proof of positive titer.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license with no
Keywords: Iowas of Oklahoma, Edmond , Licensed Mental Health Professional, Other , Perkins, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!