Posted on: June 8, 2021
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses,
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of
close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential,
Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company's mission is
Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of
Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are
a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable
products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through
employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation
and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your
commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air
Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal
solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual
operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low
sound levels.They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes,
sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or
retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the
following industry-leading brands of HVAC
andVentrolAir Handling Systems.
Performs a wide variety of duties at the Nortek Air Management
level to develop, implement, and maintain new manufacturing
process, as well as implement changes to existing manufacturing
methods, which will increase the cost effectiveness, quality, and
competitiveness of the company.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that
deliver desired results and can "own it" in a Performance Driven
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do
the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard
thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation
- Research, propose, and implement new manufacturing process and
- Prepare Capital Expense Requests (CERs) with justification,
specifications and Purchase Orders.
- Track project from start to finish including follow-up with
projects teams and individuals as well as conduct project team
meetings. Update supervisor on projects (staffing, expenses) in
department staff meetings.
- Coordinate interface between various functions of the company
(i.e. engineering, IT, finance, and sales) as related to product
and process changes and information.
- Prepare and present new project ideas and/or concepts to
- Write requirements and specifications for new and existing
process and equipment.
- Create and maintain plant lay-outs and participate in layout
modifications and improvements.
- Provide the technical engineering support for the plant and
- Design and perform statistical analysis on new and existing or
- Conduct and coordinate training of line works with respect to
critical process interfaces.
- Meet with vendors on new process development or equipment; and
conduct vendor try-outs on new equipment.
- Sources and manages outside contractors for facilities
- Manages capital expense budget
- Prepares, submits and defends capital expense requests
- Coordinate introduction of product changes and process
- Manage routings and labor standards, SOE (sequence of Events),
process maps, product sync's, and OMS's (Operational Method Sheets)
for assigned products and processes.
- Perform Lean/DFT line design/ changes for assigned
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct and supervise project
management and development of other technical manufacturing
- Lead teams in major new product and process introductions,
capacity analysis driving facility decisions regarding plant
acquisitions and startups or major product relocations.
- Assist in developing other engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing
- 5+ years of work experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience implementing Lean principles in a manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to select and qualify manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to provide input into the design of the
product based on manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- Experience working with the capital expenditures and new
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, determine
project priority and create detailed action plans.
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects and
facilitate transfer of best practice knowledge.
- Skilled at facilitating communications between multiple
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, and Visio applications.
- Background in managing projects in a manufacturing environment.
Familiar with Lean, 5S, Kaizen, and Quality concepts and
applications including, but not limited to, the Lean Tools.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (electrical, mechanical
assembly fabrication, welding and paint)
- Understanding of ergonomics especially related to
repetitive/sustained awkward postures stress injuries.
- Travel to various company and supplier sites as needed (up to
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Five years' or more demonstrated successes in manufacturing
setting, preferably HVAC-focused, delivering results by leading
multi-disciplinary projects for high-performing, global, and
complex durable consumer goods manufacturing companies.
- LEAN/ Six Sigma certification
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air
Solutions, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekair.com/.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal
opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against
any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national
origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class
protected by federal or state law.
Keywords: Nortek, Edmond , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Okarche, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!