Electrical Technician III
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Classification: Salary Hourly
Specific Location: Okarche, OK
Business Unit: Manufacturing Operations
About Nortek Air Solutions
Nortek Air Management is a global, diversified HVAC company that
leverages its strong brands, design and manufacturing capabilities,
and business system to deliver industry-leading innovative air
management solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work.
Nortek Air Management comprises two, individual companies, Nortek
Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions and employs 4,000 over 6
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation
and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation,
and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your
commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air
Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal
solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual
operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low
sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes,
sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or
retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the
following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair,
Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling
As a member of the production staff, the Electrician/Electrical
Technician is responsible for the building assembling, installation
and testing of electrical and control systems on custom OEM HVAC
equipment. The right candidate will work closely with the
Electrical Engineering team and the electrical assemblers in
support of the identification, development, and implementation of
best practices across the Electrical assembly process. Success will
come in the form of well-established electrical assembly practices
and knowledge, effective feedback to the Electrical Engineering
design team, and an elimination in escaping defects and quality
issues to our customers.
- Drives effective electrical installation and assembly practices
across our operations.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to the electrical assembly
team to ensure proper installation practices are observed.
- Works with Electrical Engineering team to identify and resolve
wiring and electrical system development problems.
- Can read, comprehend, and trains others on electrical
schematics containing both line and control voltage circuits.
- Good Knowledge of electrical codes concerning both line and
control voltage circuits and devices.
- Leverages knowledge of electromechanical devices and controls
such as transformers, relays, switches, variable frequency drives,
disconnects, and other devices in the improvement of manufacturing
- Demonstrates the ability to perform various electrical assembly
activities, including ability to run rigid and flexible conduit
inside and outside of air handling units in accordance to drawings
and specifications/current electrical codes, run and terminate both
line and control voltage wiring circuits in accordance to drawings
and specifications/current electrical codes,
- Ability to communicate with internal electrical engineering
staff daily as well as with external customers as needed and
represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to be trained and certified to operate overhead crane
and fork trucks while moving and assembling product.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Commits to performing job duties in a manner that ensures a
safe work environment.
- Must be able to wear protective gear and equipment.
- Willingly and cooperatively performs other related duties as
assigned by management.
- Works with all types of high voltage power.
- Inspect and examine the equipment to detect and investigate
irregularities emits diagnostic rule and the electrical or
electronic failures for the whole building.
- Performs the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical
equipment manufacturing, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic and
- Helps manages daily activities of workflow in Electrical
Assembly bays with the leads.
- Other related duties as required.
- Possesses current Journeyman Electrical License or Electrical
Contractor License certification.
- 5+ years of related electrical assembly or electrician
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code
- Strong aptitude and demonstrated competency working with
electrical/mechanical components and systems found in industrial
- Associates degree in electrical related field or other related
technical school program
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and
- Familiarity and experience with automation and/or
instrumentation control wiring
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and coordinate multiple
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To apply, please visit our
career site at www.nortekair.com/careers.
Nortek Air Management is an equal opportunity employer and does
not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual
orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state