TITLE: Cook's Helper
- Good physical condition. Endurance for walking, standing
long periods of time, lifting at least 35 pounds, and other
physical activities during working hours. Can tolerate heat,
steam and most cleaning compounds. Good manual dexterity
High school education or equivalency.
- Satisfy all district requirements with regard to physical
Possesses ability to read, write and comprehend directions.
- Good personal appearance, clean, well groomed, cheerful,
direct, alert and interested in the work offered.
Food handlers permit required.
Maintain a yearly T.B. test.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board
find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Cafeteria Manager
POSITION GOALS: To serve the students attractive and nutritious
meals in an atmosphere of efficiency, cleanliness, cheerfulness,
and personal caring, while meeting all Federal and State guidelines
for Child Nutrition Programs.
PAY GRADE: Refer to Support Salary Schedule
- Perform assigned duties in quantity food production
menus and standardized recipes using quantity preparation
safe food handling techniques to ensure the Child Nutrition
Department standards of:
a. food quality, palatability and appearance
b. correct, safe temperatures
c. proper utensil portion sizes
d. proper and timely storage of deliveries and left over
e. appearance of serving lines for eye appeal
f. maintain a pleasant smile and attitude while serving.
- Maintain defined standards of sanitation and safety as
by local and state health departments and District Policy.
Maintain required departmental records.
- Serve students and adults in a pleasant manner while
that all State and Federal guidelines are followed.
- Maintain professional appearance in accordance with
- Maintain all guidelines required of Child Nutrition
as instructed by the Cafeteria Manager and Child Nutrition
- Become a valuable "team" member to help make the
cafeteria run smoothly.
Never abuse leave privileges.
- Willing to cross train in all areas of the cafeteria
should the need arise for experienced workers due
to illness and emergencies.
- Follow a "clean as you go" program. Accept rotating
clean-up assignments. Take pride in appearance of your
work area as well as the whole work area (kitchen).
- Perform other related duties as requested by the
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Work each day school is in session. Attend all in-service
training required by Food Service Director. Be available for
work prior to school start up and ending for cleanup and