Sr. Product Manager
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Senior Product Manager
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two businesses, Nortek
Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions with annual sales of close to
$1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light
Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company's mission is
Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of
Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are
a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable
products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through
employee's commitment to quality, customer service and operational
This position would be focused on our configurable and custom
direct expansion commercial products. This ranges from 6 to over
300 tons of cooling with airflows up to 300,000 cfm. There would be
a high technical and design focus to the position as every
application can be unique and require a unique solution to meet the
building demands. On top of the applications of the equipment, this
employee would be guiding the technology being developed for the
applicable product lines and participate on our marketing plan of
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that
deliver desired results and can "own it" in a Performance Driven
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do
the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard
thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation
Why is this a great opportunity?
- This role is a balance of strategic thinking and
- The role will directly contribute to the growth of the
organization through developing and commercializing new products
- Allows for the opportunity to work with executives and senior
leaders in the organization.
- Strategic Business Plan - Develop the five-year business plan
for the respective product line including SWOT analysis,
competitive analysis, product road-mapping, and product strategy
development. This document will serve as the guide for managing the
- Pricing Strategy - Support and assist in pricing management for
the product line, including stock pricing and quotations. Develop
pricing strategies where appropriate and benchmark pricing levels
- Product Development - Work with engineering, distributors, end
users, etc. to develop and launch products to help increase product
breadth and depth in the product line. Prepare catalogs, brochures,
and promotions to position and promote the product line in the
- Competitive Analysis - Review competitor catalogs, brochures,
and promotions regularly to evaluate trends among the competitors.
Compare features and benefits against our product to help determine
- Operational Issues - Work with engineering, manufacturing,
logistics, and distribution services to improve products and
services for the product line. This will include quality and
costing issues, forecasting, inventory management, productivity,
service issues, etc.
- Sales Rep/End User Visits - Travel with the sales team to help
create demand for our products and to help generate new product
development ideas. Visits help establish rapport with the sales
channels and customers in order to position our product in the
- Support and Contribute to Promotional Activities - Assist
Marketing Team in the creative work necessary for designing
collateral material, print advertising, web development and other
- Market Development - Develop appropriate marketing programs to
attract new and existing markets. This will include programs to
grow the product line in new geographic areas.
- Leadership - Proactively help others in the group by advising,
listening, etc. on issues not related to their assigned product
line. Share experiences that will help the group effectively manage
their product lines.
- Training - Participate in developing and presenting training
for the assigned product line.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering or technical
- 7 to 10 years related product management experience
- Experience in the custom air handling and HVAC industry
- Experience owning development of a product and working
cross-functionally with engineers, sales, marketing, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
ability to present to groups across all levels of an
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Air handling and HVAC industry experience
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek
Global HVAC, please visit our company website at http://www.nortekhvac.com/.
Nortek Global HVAC and Nortek Air Solutions are equal
opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against
any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national
origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class
protected by federal or state law.
Keywords: Nortek, Edmond , Sr. Product Manager, Other , Okarche, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!