DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION - ARCADIA LAKE
STARTING SALARY: $9.50 PER HOUR
Do you have a passion for Customer Service? Are you
accountable and a good communicator?
If you answered yes, the City of Edmond is the place to grow
WHO WE ARE: Arcadia Lake, a Division of Edmond Parks and
Recreation Department, provides excellent Lake Parks and
Outdoor Recreation with well-maintained facilities and outstanding
events for the community and travelers from across the Country.
THE LIFE OF A SEASONAL LAKE FEE COLLECTOR: As a Lake Fee
Collector you will work at the Fee Collection Stations at the park
entrances. You will greet customers, register campers, sell
annual and day use passes, and sell various resale items. The
work schedule will vary depending on the Park, day of the week, and
customer demand. Weekly schedules are put out one to two
weeks in advance.
- Greet visitors and giving information as necessary.
- Collect fees or verifies annual passes and directs the public
to desired areas of Arcadia Lake parks and recreation
- Will learn Lake and City policies as well as title nine
ordinances and be able to convey that information clearly to the
- Operates adding machine and is responsible for cash register
and balance reports.
- Completes forms, permits, reports and issues daily or annual
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks in addition to light
- Answers telephones, operates two-way radio base station and
assists maintenance workers as necessary.
- This position will consist of only minimal hours for training
until May; after that, up to 35 hours per week may be
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Some experience as a store clerk or general clerical work
- Must have basic computer skills and the ability to handle money
and account for it accurately.
- Must be able to communicate with visitors using tact and
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and a driving
record acceptable to the City’s insurance carrier.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL VACANCIES ARE
APPLICATIONS: We are now utilizing on-line application
software. Click on the "Apply Now" button below to access an
on-line application for submission. We will no longer be
accepting paper applications or transfer of applications.
SMART PHONES ARE NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME.
The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity employer. Edmond does
not discriminate against employees and/or potential employees.
Adverse action based upon an applicant’s and/or employee’s race,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information and
military service is expressly prohibited. No decision affecting the
terms, conditions and/or benefits of employment with the City of
Edmond is based upon an individual’s membership in any of the
aforementioned protected classes.