Part Time Senior Center Driver/Aide
Company: City of Edmond, OK
Posted on: June 6, 2021
DEPARTMENT: PARKS & RECREATION / SENIOR CITIZENS
STARTING SALARY: $12.37 PER
This position plays an integral part in the departments
mission of improving the quality of life for senior adults in the
Edmond community. We provide rides to our seniors living
within a six-mile radius to the center, special events, outings,
and shopping days.
The person in this position must have a wiliness and desire to
assist senior adults with a high degree of courtesy and
respect. As a driver you are responsible for the
transportation of our senior customers. We are looking for
someone with integrity and trustworthiness, who can work a flexible
schedule, and respond to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Transporting participants to and from the Senior
- Assist in taking groups of senior citizens on special outings
and out to lunch.
- Responsible for upkeep of a passenger bus and van, logging
maintenance reports, and providing daily van passenger list to the
- Assist with administrative office functions, daily operations,
and customer service.
- Assist with meal pick up, lunch service, cleaning kitchen and
- Assist with custodial duties in the Senior Center.
- Assist with special events, as needed.
- Take deposits and deliveries to city offices.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have experience in driving a large multi-passenger
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma commercial driver's license (CDL)
and a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance
- Must complete Edmond’s Defensive Driving Course within 90-day
of hire date.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR training or be willing to
obtain within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Basic office skills, word processing, typing, operating copy
machine and telephone. Ability to read, write and perform
- Physical ability and strength to assist passengers on and off
the van and transport objects weighing up to 50 pounds, such as
cleaning equipment, supplies, furniture, etc.
- Must be able to pass extensive background process and
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL VACANCY IS
APPLICATIONS: We are now utilizing on-line
application software. Click on the "Apply Now" button below
to access an on-line application for submission. We will no
longer be accepting paper applications or transfer of
SMART PHONES ARE NOT SUPPORTED AT THIS TIME.
The City of Edmond is an equal opportunity employer. Edmond does
not discriminate against employees and/or potential employees.
Adverse action based upon an applicant’s and/or employee’s race,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion,
national origin, pregnancy, disability, genetic information and
military service is expressly prohibited. No decision affecting the
terms, conditions and/or benefits of employment with the City of
Edmond is based upon an individual’s membership in any of the
aforementioned protected classes.
Keywords: City of Edmond, OK, Edmond , Part Time Senior Center Driver/Aide, Other , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!