Company: ARB Midstream
Posted on: May 13, 2020
Job Summary:The SCADA Specialist works within the Operation
Technology group and provides SCADA system expertise in the
development, maintenance, support and enhancement of the SCADA
system and related business applications. Primary Duties&
- OT Systems Development:
- Develop, maintain, manage, and continually improve the
Inductive Automation Ignition software platform in accordance with
relevant API standards to ensure safe pipeline operations.
- Develop, maintain, manage, and continually improve auxiliary
business systems which interact with SCADA system data. Systems
include leak detection software, measurement software, scheduling
software, hydraulic modeling software, pipeline analytics software,
- Aid in the maintenance and administration of OT cloud-based and
on-prem hardware and software infrastructure.
- Determine and provide necessary access to data and reports for
various internal and external business groups such as Pipeline
Control, Engineering, Measurement, Scheduling, Commercial, EHS,
- Manage and direct vendors and 3rd party contractors as it
pertains to OT hardware and software installation ensuring
compliance with all applicable regulatory codes and laws.
- Pipeline Control and Field Operations Support
- Aid field operations with troubleshooting and maintenance of OT
systems and equipment.
- Assist with training of personnel on the operation and
maintenance of OT systems.
- Support installation, calibration, commissioning, and continued
maintenance of field OT equipment.
- Aid in tracking and maintaining preventative maintenance
schedules in accordance with applicable regulatory codes, laws, and
- Work closely with scheduling, measurement, pipeline control,
and field operations groups to improve operations and support
- Operations Technology Group Duties
- The OT group is responsible for all OT infrastructure
including, but not limited to, infrastructure software,
cybersecurity, SCADA, networking, automation and controls, and
field instrumentation. The successful candidate will need to have,
or be able to acquire, working knowledge in all OT disciplines to
- All OT specialists will participate in a rotational weekly 24
hour on-call schedule. On-call duties will include remote
assistance to pipeline control and field operations as
- Process, coordinate, and execute process change requests
utilizing management of change (MOC) software, ensuring all changes
have been approved, documented, and are stored appropriately for
- Provide coverage for other OT Specialists in case of
emergencies or unscheduled absences. Required Knowledge, Skills&
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks with minimal
- Working knowledge of the theory behind:
- Data communications including 232/422/485 serial and TCP/IP
- Industrial communication protocols including Modbus, Allen
Bradley CIP, ROCPlus
- IEEE programming languages including Ladder Diagram, Function
Block Diagram, Structured Text, and Sequential Function Chart
- Industrial Internet of Things - IIOT
- Experience with the following technologyoAllen Bradley
ControlLogix PLCs (Studio/RSLogix 5000 Development Suite)oOmni and
Fisher ROC800L EFMs (DS800 Development Suite)oInductive Automation
Ignition platformoWonderware Intouch 2014R2 platformoArchestra
DAServer, OPC-UA Server ConfigurationoBejier Red Lion HMIs and
protocol convertersoP2P Ethernet, Serial, and IO radiosoWindows
Server, Linux Debian, and Linux Redhat OSoMicrosoft SQL
visual basic, python, SQL scriptingoCisco IOSoPaessler PRTG,
Solarwinds Orion, Splunk, and/or any network monitoring
- Ability to read, understand, and revise electrical drawings,
- 5 + years' experience in similar role with upstream, midstream,
and/or downstream oil and gas company.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Computer or Management Information Systems or related discipline or
the equivalent technical training and work experience.
Keywords: ARB Midstream, Edmond , SCADA Specialist, Other , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!