National Process Architecture Leader - Life Science & Technology (Multiple Locations)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Burns & McDonnell is looking for an experienced National Process
Architecture Leader to support Engineering and EPC Life Sciences
projects. The leader will support development of architecture staff
and assign staff to multiple projects in the following sectors;
life sciences (pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices), general
manufacturing, and laboratories.
Major responsibilities for the National Process Architecture Leader
- Strong understanding and knowledge of life sciences markets and
processes (fermentation, cell / gene therapy, API, blood products,
purification, fill / finish, medical devices, etc)
- Provide expert level technical, design guidance and support for
the life sciences process architecture discipline.
- Strong understanding and P&IDs, URSs, mass balance, PHA,
equipment layouts, and process calculations
- Knowledge of cGMP requirements for life sciences projects
- Excellent communication and coordination with project
management, office management and other discipline managers
- Ability to support business development with proposals and
- Act as the senior process architecture expert for client
- Provide Quality review of process deliverables developed by the
- Participates in project planning, budgeting and establishing
critical project objectives
- Own the development of direct reports including targeting work
for individual team members to expand their capabilities
- Stay current in latest life sciences industry trends and
encourage knowledge sharing through technical presentation or
- Support active recruiting of new process architects
- Contribute to business strategy meetings
- Servant leader - willing to lend a hand/support everyone in
their sphere of influence.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in architecture from an accredited
- Minimum 8 years related professional experience in design
and/or project management.
- Registered Architect preferred.
- Previous leadership and/or management experience is
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication
skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and
effectively present complex information to all levels of employees,
management, and clients.
- Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positively
influence, lead, and manage change.
- Must possess strong project management skills and a strategic
- Must be expert in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft
Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-OK-Oklahoma City, US-KS-Wichita, US-ME-Portland,
US-AZ-Tucson, US-FL-Orlando, US-MD-Baltimore, US-TX-Austin,
US-NE-Omaha, US-OH-Akron, US-GA-Atlanta, US-MA-Newton,
US-MN-Duluth, US-AZ-Phoenix, US-TX-Fort Worth, US-TN-Chattanooga,
US-VA-Norfolk, US-NC-Charlotte, US-TN-Nashville,
US-MN-Minneapolis/St Paul, US-AR-Springdale, US-VA-Richmond,
US-IL-Downers Grove, US-DC-Washington, US-NC-Raleigh, US-FL-Miami,
US-AL-Huntsville, US-HI-Honolulu, US-UT-Salt Lake City,
US-MI-Detroit, US-OH-Columbus, US-SC-Greenville, US-MO-Saint Louis,
US-NJ-Morristown, US-SC-Aiken, US-TX-Houston, US-VA-Roanoke,
US-KY-Lexington, US-IL-O'Fallon, US-TX-Dallas, US-IL-Chicago,
US-SD-Sioux Falls, US-PA-Conshohocken
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 230458 Job Hire Type Experienced
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Edmond , National Process Architecture Leader - Life Science & Technology (Multiple Locations), IT / Software / Systems , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!