Staff Software Engineer, IAAS
Posted on: April 3, 2021
- Role Type: Full-Time Employee (Individual) Medallia's mission
is to help companies win through customer experience. The world's
best-loved brands trust Medallia's Experience Cloud---, which
embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers
employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools
they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the
most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100
list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that
spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London,
Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value
people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe
that people should not be defined only by a job title-nobody is
"just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners,
parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We
have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures.
And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that
build our people. At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a
part of them. This is a Software Systems Developer position on the
Data Center Engineering team at Medallia. The Data Center
Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the
core infrastructure supporting Medallia's global network of
data-centers (colo-location and public cloud). As a member of the
team, the candidate will develop the next generation distributed
storage infrastructure as a service, telemetry, reporting, and
auto-remediation platform to enable highly efficient operation in
our data centers worldwide. The team utilizes a combination of
existing open source tools/projects as well as build proprietary
tools to solve the challenges of operating a globally distributed
infrastructure. Specifically, You Will:
- Design and build the next generation storage as a service
infrastructure. You will primarily be focused on building an
scalable block and object storage solution to meet the data storage
requirements for Medallia's Cloud platform.
- Design, build and implement the core platform stack for real
time monitoring, metrics collection, and auto-remediation across
our fleet of servers in our data centers.
- Help select and drive the underlying technology stack and
implement solutions to challenging problems.
- Provide technical leadership and clarity to complex projects
- Work with SRE, Network Infrastructure teams, Production
engineering, Product Engineering, and other teams on complex
projects, escalations, and organic growth to sustain the business.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with either
- 5+ years of system software engineering experience on
large-scale production systems including databases, storage, and/or
distributed system development.
- Experience with public cloud infrastructure (AWS) and cloud
- Demonstrate understanding of cloud design in the areas of
virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load
balancing and security. Preferred Qualifications
- MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience in managing large scale deployments of iSCSI /
NVMeOF based block storage technologies. Working knowledge of NFS /
iSCSI / NVMEoF (RDMA) and other storage protocols a plus.
- Experience in managing SPDK storage environments.
- Working knowledge of the Linux storage stack, both block and
file system a plus.
- Working knowledge of congestion control mechanisms for
high-speed storage networks a plus.
- Experience with container orchestration technology, e.g.
Kubernetes and Mesos/Aurora, a major plus.
- Experience with Minio, CEPH RadosGW and AWS S3 a plus.
- Experience mentoring junior and mid-level engineers At
Medallia, we don't just accept difference-we celebrate it and
recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an
affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration
are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't
unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or
expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex,
marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status,
sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.--We
also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal
histories, consistent with legal requirements.Medallia is committed
to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to
applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American
Disabilities Act and local disability laws.For information
regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information,
please review our Privacy Policies.
Keywords: Medallia, Edmond , Staff Software Engineer, IAAS, IT / Software / Systems , Prague, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!