Customer Service Engineer II
Posted on: November 4, 2019
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission
is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification
is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a
distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver
world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance,
telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment,
commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies
and approaches to deliver quality product and services to
government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up
of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities,
speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions
impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this
ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join
the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
To provide technical support in the field including installation,
repair and preventative maintenance of hardware systems and
coordinates these efforts with our third party service provider.
Secondary tasks include server and software application support
according to skill sets. Meet or exceed service level agreements
according to contract. Ensure accurate records are maintained.
Communicate effectively with the customer and regional manager on a
daily basis, escalating issues immediately when additional support
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
* Provide remote and on-site Customer support as needed. Members of
the Field Service organization may require overnight travel as
* Install, configure and test basicIDEMIA hardware and software
products at Customer sites such as Image Capture Workstation,
Authenticator, standalone Livescan, IBIS/RDT s and Printer
* Restore IDEMIA equipment/services at Customer sites through
diagnosis, fault isolation and resolution of hardware, software,
network, and server problems.
* Diagnose and isolate basic hardware and software problems.
Replace failed parts as necessary, communicating the nature of the
problem to the Customer. Track and maintain the status of part
arrival and expected completion time. Sign out inventoried parts
and complete proper documentation and/or CRM Database entries on
defective parts and other necessary tracking information.
* Install basic hardware and software upgrades on IDEMIA products
at Customer sites, such as add-on hardware peripherals, new
software functionality, and bug fixes, as required.
* Assist Sales/Engineering staff with preparing accurate
Quotes/Proposals, establishing requirements and expectations
between Customers and IDEMIA.
* Regularly update product application and customization
* Schedule and perform Preventive Maintenance to ensure optimal
performance of equipment at Customer sites, in accordance with
* Complete CRM Database entries/updates as required in a timely
* Serve as a resource to other Company personnel by exchanging
technical information and assisting with failure diagnosis/problem
* When approached, inform Customer of new products/services and as
appropriate, then refer Customer to the appropriate Sales
representative or group.
* Tactfully placate Customers when dissatisfied with Company
personnel, products, and/or services.
* Contribute to Process Improvement efforts.
* Participate in Customer and Project meetings providing valuable
technical and operational feedback.
* Reliable transportation and valid driver s license is required.
Ability to travel (even extensively) with little or no notice.
* Must pass personal background check and/or clearance as required
* Working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX and various Windows Operating
* Working knowledge of Networking such as FTP, Telnet, and
* Developed professional oral and written communication skills.
* Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving ability.
* Basic knowledge of standard ESD practices.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment without close
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to work within a team and follow through with tasks and
* Goal and objective orientated.
* Ability to read and understand workflow and dataflow
* Ability to troubleshoot basic IDEMIA hardware and software.
* Ability to learn and understand new hardware and software
* Ability to manage a remote Spare Parts depot.
* Ability to manage work-related expenses, submitting applicable
documentation in accordance with Company Policy.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship is not allowed)
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other protected characteristics..
Keywords: IDEMIA, Edmond , Customer Service Engineer II, Hospitality & Tourism , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!