Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 18, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good.We are currently seeking aShift Supervisor
who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional, secure setting.Come join a team that is dedicated to
making an impact for the people and communities we serve.
The Shift Supervisor provides responsible supervision of the
administrative and operational security activities and staff on a
specific shift in a facility.
- Directly supervise and manage operations of security staff and
inmates/residents on the shift in the performance of their
- Provide for adequate staffing in areas supervised; fill in as
needed during periods of short staffing.
- Engage and participate in recruiting, hiring, orientating
staff, and other staffing needs in areas supervised.
- Make recommendations concerning personnel matters and assist in
the effective management of facility resources.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Three years experience in a criminal justice field or other
acceptable related field, which includes two years in a supervisory
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a
- Completion of basic pre-service correctional officer training
and, where applicable, be a commissioned security officer licensed
by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the practices and principles of
correctional facility management; pertinent corrections laws, rules
and regulations; and the principles and practices of supervision
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Keywords: Core Civic, Edmond , Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Cushing, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!