LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-PT in WOODWARD, OK
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and were
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
www.dollargeneral.com.GENERAL SUMMARY: Function as a Cashier and/or
Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store
Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and
maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer
service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize
profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while
protecting company assets and reducing losses.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL
- Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the
- Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack
cartons and totes.
- Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and
build merchandise displays.
- Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
- Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed
ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
- Assist customers by locating merchandise.
- Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom.
- Greet customers as they enter the store.
- Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register
- Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
- Collect payment from customer and make change.
- Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a
safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
- Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the
Area Manager.In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store
- Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register;
make bank deposits.
- Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key
control, and adherence to company security practices and cash
- Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as
directed by the Store Manager.
- Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and
employees), if applicable.
- Supply cashiers with change when needed.
- Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines as assigned.KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
presentation guidance.WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory
experience (or related experience/training) preferred.Relocation
assistance is not available for this position. Dollar General
Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.Requisition ID:
2016-79342 Street: 2806 OKLAHOMA AVE External Company URL:
Keywords: Dollar General, Edmond , LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-PT in WOODWARD, OK, Hospitality & Tourism , Woodward, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!