Clinical Practice Faculty Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Norman Regional Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Overview: Norman Regional Hospital Intensive Care Unit seeks a
Clinical Practice Faculty Nurse to join our team. The Clinical
Practice Faculty Nurse is a hybrid position that functions as a
bedside critical care nurse and a clinical instructor/faculty
nurse. This position offers the opportunity to work in two
different capacities and gain valuable experience. In addition to
possessing strong clinical skills, the Clinical Practice Faculty
Nurse will educate and mentor future Registered Nurses, ensuring
that future nurses are well-prepared for a successful transition to
practice. Norman Regional Hospital ICU cares for diverse critical
patients with complex medical conditions. An ICU RN is highly
skilled in rapidly assessing a patient's condition and intervening
with immediate attention. Daily care and responsibilities may
include managing various life-support systems, including
ventilation, heart monitoring, and lifesaving medications. The ICU
RN should show respect and empathy and communicate well with
patients, families, and other healthcare professionals. The RN
should understand and employ patient safety and harm prevention
tools. Responsibilities: Schedule: Two shifts as a bedside RN in
the ICU and one shift as a clinical instructor/faculty member. The
days of the week may differ depending on the needs of the hospital
and the academic institution.
- Collaboration with other health professionals, assessment &
analyzing assessment data.
- Establishing goals, planning care strategy, establishing
priorities of care & implementing care.
- Delegating tasks safely, providing safe direct and indirect
nursing care, and evaluating responses to interventions.
- Performing additional nursing functions in accordance with
knowledge and skills acquired beyond essential nursing
- In collaboration with the physician, you will provide total
patient nursing care by assisting, leading, and directing care with
a multi-disciplinary team of care providers.
- NRHS ICU cares for adolescents through geriatric patients.
- NRHS utilizes the Meditech EMR system, Mobilab, and bedside
- Serve as a faculty nurse for student clinical groups.
- Facilitate a learning environment to promote student growth and
- Work collaboratively with the academic clinical partners.
- Report and evaluate student performance in the clinical setting
based on established objectives. Qualifications: Education
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) Experience
- Three years of full-time RN experience in a professional
nursing setting is required. Five years of experience is
- Experience as an educator preferred. Licensure/Certification
- Current Oklahoma Registered Nurse license or active Multistate
- Basic Life Support (BLS) training or retraining is required
during orientation before providing patient care.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) is required to be maintained
through retraining for the duration of employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) training or retraining is
required within six months of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required to be
maintained through retraining for the duration of employment. Other
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- ICU RN required classes, including basic arrhythmia, basic 12
lead, advanced 12 lead, hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical
ventilation, basic pacemaker, CRRT, and Arctic Sun, within 12
months of hire.
- ICU RN will be required to obtain and maintain critical care
competencies as designated by The Joint Commission and Nurse
- Norman Regional Hospital provides all required training and
classes during employment.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of oral and written communication
- Meet required attendance and submission deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to create, manage and evaluate the student
clinical experience to enhance student engagement and learning
while meeting clinical objectives.
- Proficient in using Meditech, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Keywords: Norman Regional Health System, Edmond , Clinical Practice Faculty Nurse - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Cashion, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!