Social Work - Social Worker - $17-30 per hour, Flexible
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: July 30, 2022
SSM Health is seeking a Social Work Social Worker for a job in
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Social Worker
- Discipline: Social Work
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: flexible
- Employment Type: Permanent
Assists patients in identifying and utilizing community resources.
Oversees use of resource center. Coordinates patient support
- Aids patients and family members through individual or group
conferences in understanding, accepting, and following
recommendations given by their physician. Utilizes family and
community assistance agencies to aid patient in accessing needed
- Establishes and maintains client/customer relationships with
referral sources and direct users of hospital products and
services. Confers with hospital personnel as necessary and act as
liaison between patient and hospital staff.
- Provides staff support as needed at events. Coordinates ongoing
relationships and develops support programs and expansion
opportunities for the hospital.
- Counsels patients and family members through individual or
group conferences to understand, accept, and follow recommendations
given by their physician.
- Utilizes family and community assistance agencies to aid
patients in resuming a productive life within the community.
- Counsels patients to aid in reducing anxieties or fears
concerning the patient's status and prognosis. Develops and
facilitates patient support groups.
- Maintains tumor board documents and CME required
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Master's degree in Social Work or related fieldEXPERIENCE
- One year experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional driving.
- Rare repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements and
About SSM HealthSSM Health has grown to be one of the largest
integrated health systems in the country, because leadership,
administration and providers work closely together to find
solutions to the most pressing needs in medical care today.
Collectively, our knowledge and resources are combined to innovate,
optimize workflows and allow for better care delivery and patient
interactions. Physicians and leadership engage in regular
discussions designed to standardize practices that yield better
outcomes across our system.
Physicians, providers and health care leaders seeking the stability
and resources of a large, reputable integrated health system, as
well as the collegiality and respect of peers and the rewards of
practicing in a faith-based organization, choose SSM Health as
their ideal practice setting.
SSM Health's 23 hospitals, more than 290+ physician offices and
outpatient care sites, and 10 post-acute facilities offer vast
opportunities to shape the future of health care throughout
Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin.Benefits
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Continuing Education
- Health savings account
- Health Care FSA
- Dependent Care FSA
- 403b retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Relocation bonus
Keywords: SSM Health, Edmond , Social Work - Social Worker - $17-30 per hour, Flexible, Healthcare , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!