CNA Weekends Memory Care
Company: Iris Senior Living
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Iris Memory Care of Edmond is looking for a Certified Nurse Aide
for a Saturday/Sunday weekend position (either one 8-hour shift or
doubles). Must be listed on the OK Nurse Aide Registry as an active
LTC Aide.We are a small, freestanding memory care assisted living
community. We have two buildings on our campus with 20 residents in
each building - a total of 40 residents. As a community focused on
memory care, all of our residents are coping with Alzheimer's or
other form of dementia. We are an age-in-place community, so you
will care for residents all throughout the spectrum of the disease.
Our caregivers work together closely in pairs of 2 in each
building.Rate of pay for CNAs starts at $15 per hour, based on
experience. If you are certified as a CMA, rate of pay starts at
$16 per hour. ACMA pay starts at $17.00. This is a floor
position.There is also a $1 per hour attendance bonus for timely
attendance for weekend shifts.Specific Responsibilities:Responsible
for providing Resident services and other duties as assigned.
Duties include personal services, activities of daily living,
housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, life
enrichment, delegated tasks (if applicable to state), meal
services, and other tasks as needed for Resident care and service
delivery.Promotes the IRIS mission statement.Primary Essential Job
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity,
privacy, independence, choice, individuality, and a home-like
environment for Residents.
- Assists with activities of daily living/ADLs, environmental
orientation, dining services, life enrichment programs, laundry and
housekeeping, meal services, and other care services assigned,
while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Assists with transportation of Residents to dining room for
meal service and/or to activity programs.
- Receives and gives report from the previous shift and to the
- Reviews and carries out task assignments with the Wellness
- Reads the staff communication records and maintains familiarity
with Resident records as required.
- Assists with orientation of new staff to job
- Provides services as indicated on Resident assessment, task
sheets, and service plans.
- Assists Residents moving in and out, as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for
Residents, staff, and visitors.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with Resident
suites, the building, and the grounds and communicates them to the
- Observes changes in Resident status, needs, or preferences and
communicates them to the Wellness Director and/or Designated
- Offers comfort and support, emotionally and physically, to
- Reports Resident and staff concerns and/or issues to the
Wellness Director and/or Executive Director, as designated.
- Assists with vital signs and weight monitoring monthly or more
frequently as required for all Residents and completes all required
- Puts Resident Service First: Ensures that Residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere, which recognizes the individuals needs
- Assists with the training and orientation of new IRIS Team
- Monitors Residents fluid and or other intake.
- Observes all work safety and administrative policies in
performing all job assignments.
- Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
- Records Resident information as required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire,
life safety, disaster, security, work safety, and other emergency
- Assists with individual Resident and group social recreational
- Communicates health emergencies to determine emergency medical
measures taken regarding Resident care to the Wellness Director
and/or the Executive Director.
- Ensures compliance with all rules and regulations related to
Resident care (i.e. Confidentiality/HIPAA, State Regulations, local
health department requirements, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintains a professional demeanor with all Residents, families
and friends, professional referrals, and the general public in
representing the IRIS.
- Attends in-service training as required.
- Reports all suspicions of abuse, neglect, and/or financial
exploitations of a Resident immediately to the supervisor, as
described in the IRIS policy and procedures on reporting.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of resident
information at all times.Secondary Job Duties:Performs other tasks
as assigned by the supervisor.
Keywords: Iris Senior Living, Edmond , CNA Weekends Memory Care, Healthcare , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!