OB Surgery Technologist - OPT - Nights - LDRP - INTEGRIS Health Edmond
Company: INTEGRIS Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Surgery Technologist 2, OPT, Nights, LDRP in Edmond
May fill position with a Tech 3 or 1. OB experience preferred.
Job Code: 5081
The Surgical Technologist is an allied health professional who
works with surgeons and other health care practitioners providing
surgical care to patients in a variety of settings. The surgical
technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment
necessary during the surgical procedure. Surgical technologists
possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and
aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy,
surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to
facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and
diagnostic procedures. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as
appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Surgery Technician responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Maintains the sterile field.
* Demonstrates an understanding of the procedure being performed
and anticipates the needs of the surgeon.
* Ensures quality patient care and takes responsibility for
ensuring patient safety during the operative procedure.
* Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
* Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
* Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and
medications/solutions needed for procedure
* Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the
operation and before incision is closed
* Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
* Helps in draping sterile field
* Passes instruments, sharps, etc., to surgeon during procedure
* Ensures proper disposition of surgical specimens and cultures
* Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during
* Prepares sterile dressings
* Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
* Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
* Assists in prepping room for the next patient
* May retrieve and transport medications
For Lakeside Women's Hospital:
* Ensures all instruments are decontaminated and stored using the
appropriate processes, solutions, supplies and equipment.
* Completes the necessary procedures for sterilization per
manufacturer instructions and hospital procedures.
* Responsible for preparing and documenting sterilization process
charts, logs and records per hospital and regulatory
* Completes high level disinfectant process education annually, as
Reports to the assigned supervisor and Clinical Director..
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, lasers, radiology and
fluoroscopy equipment, needle sticks, suction splashing, chemicals,
cleaning solvents ' Stat IV, sterilization chemicals,
hexacholorophate, betadine and sharps. Must follow standard
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* BCLS within 120 days of employment
* 1 year experience as a surgical technologist
* Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) certification preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
For Lakeside Women's Hospital:
* Knowledge of preparing and sterilizing surgical instruments and
Radiology / Cath Lab Only:
* 6 months experience in angiography preferred
* Experience with PTA and PTCA, laser PTA/PTCA, and intra-aortic
Keywords: INTEGRIS Health, Edmond , OB Surgery Technologist - OPT - Nights - LDRP - INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Healthcare , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!