Physical Therapist - FT - Weekends - Jim Thorpe Inpatient Rehabilitation -INTEGRIS Health Edmond
Company: INTEGRIS Health
Posted on: April 8, 2021
This poisition will work a full time 36 hour work week on
Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Physical Therapist WO
Job Code: 1457
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the ethical, cost
effective management, delivery, documentation, communication, and
outcomes of professional physical therapy services to patients in
accordance with an established physical plan of care and in
compliance with all applicable licensure/certification
requirements, profession physical therapy acts, federal, state and
agency policies and procedures. This position requires population
specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as
appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Physical Therapist responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Interprets referrals; examines, evaluates, and develops and
modifies physical therapy plan of care including anticipated goals
and expected outcomes for patients.
* Performs a comprehensive physical, psychosocial, and safety
assessment of assigned patients as evidenced by clinical
* Coordinates patient care with other clinical team members
ensuring optimal patient care and communication as noted in the
* Directs Physical Therapy Assistants to perform specific
components of treatment and interventions and remains responsible
for the episode of patient care.
* May act as clinical instructor and or assist with orientation of
new employees or volunteers.
* Provides and modifies skilled interventions through the use of
therapeutic procedures and techniques to produce changes in the
condition consistent with the diagnosis and prognosis.
* Initiates promptly the appropriate corrective action(s) when
abnormal condition or response is noted.
* Written reports are concise, legible and accurate and done in a
* Understands the developmental life span of the patient; assesses,
interprets and provides care/service in a safe environment
according to age specific and cultural needs; evidence and
documentation such as test, direct observation and
Home Health Only:
* Plans for and provides skilled occupational therapy treatment in
the home, reassessing the patient's status on each visit and
ensuring quality of care as documented in the clinical record.
* Maintains and submits all required patient documentation in a
timely manner and in accordance with home health policies and
Reports to the assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
Color Acuity for Wound Care Departments
Moderate exposure to hazardous risks, including potential for
exposure to infections, communicable diseases, blood and body
fluids, mechanical and electrical equipment, variety of chemicals,
and sharp equipment (debridement, splinting, and kitchen
equipment). Potential for bodily injury related to lifting and
Potential for workplace violence (agitated, confused, combative
patients, angry family members). Must follow universal safety
Frequent exposure to hydrocollator. Moderate to frequent exposure
to oven, stove, microwave, and heat gun depending on venue of
May be exposed to constant interruptions, noise, disagreeable
odors, and assorted chemicals.
Must cope with high case loads and multiple demands. May float to
other units. May be required to be on call status, work weekends,
or flex schedule.
Required to work with wheelchairs, walkers, and other rehab
equipment on a daily basis. Frequent exposure to grease, tools,
equipment with sharp edges, and lifting of equipment.
Frequent exposure to pool chemicals. Frequent exposure to heat and
humidity in pool area.
Community re-entry and Home Evaluations:
Exposed to traffic and weather conditions while riding or driving
with patients in vehicle. Potential for high stress level.
Potential for involvement in accidents involving property damage,
injury and even death. Frequent exposure to weather extremes.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
* Current Oklahoma Physical Therapist license OR be eligible for
license in the state of Oklahoma AND able to practice under the
Oklahoma Physical Therapy Practice Act. Must have completed
licensure by 3 months after initial temporary license is
* Current BLS or CPR certification upon hire or completion within
30 days of hire required.
* Previous relevant experience is preferred.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
Aquatics Department Only:
* 2 years of experience and aquatic experience preferred.
* Must complete Water Safety Certification within 6 month of hire
Hand Therapy Department Only:
* Certified Hand Therapist preferred.
Therapy Resource Pool Only:
* 2 years of experience preferred.
Community Re-entry Department Only:
* 2 years of experience in inpatient rehabilitation preferred.
* Must be able to be insured through INTEGRIS Health Vehicle
Keywords: INTEGRIS Health, Edmond , Physical Therapist - FT - Weekends - Jim Thorpe Inpatient Rehabilitation -INTEGRIS Health Edmond, Healthcare , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!