Medical Surgery Unit - Registered Nurse
Company: ACI Federal, Inc.
Location: Red Rock
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Medical Surgery Unit Registered Nurse will be required to
perform the following tasks daily: Work will be performed at the
Gallup Indian Medical Center located at: 516 E Nizhoni Blvd,
Gallup, NM 87301 $47/hr with daily stipends for lodging and meals
Will be required to perform the following tasks daily:
- Demonstrate leadership in delivering and improving holistic
care through collaborative strategies with others.
- Demonstrate proficiency using the nursing process in providing
care for the clients with complex nursing care needs and be able to
guide and direct others who provide care.
- Apply the nursing process to systems or processes at the
unit/team/work group level to improve care.
- Identify potential client problems and take appropriate nursing
measures to intervene.
- Function effectively in a team leader/leadership role and uses
team approaches to identify, analyze and resolve problems.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of client
care consistent with accrediting/regulatory bodies, the VA, and
Nursing Service mission, philosophy, goals, and standards.
- Supervise other personnel and give feedback on their
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with clients, families,
or significant others, with professional and supportive personnel
who provide client care and with members of other services.
- Assess the physiological and psychosocial health status of the
- Formulates and implements a nursing plan of care based on
health data and surgical procedure and posting.
- Plan of care that prescribes nursing actins to achieve patient
goals and coordinates and organizes nursing activities.
- Coordinates patient care needs with team members, including
- Positioning patient properly for surgery.
- Creates and maintains a sterile field.
- Verify methods of sterility and safely use flash
- Receive, handle, store and document prostheses. Performs
surgical hand scrub, create and maintain sterile fields.
- Provide equipment, supplies and instruments based on
anticipated and unanticipated needs.
- Uses and care for surgical instruments, supplies and equipment
safely and appropriately.
- Safe use and document of electro surgery unit.
- Performs and documents counts.
- Administer drugs and solutions as prescribed.
- Physiologically monitors the patient during procedures.
- Monitors and controls the Operating Room environment.
- Adheres to infection standards
- Performs nursing actions that demonstrates accountability.
- Participate in patient and family teaching.
- Performs and documents universal protocol.
- Handle and care for specimens and cultures on an off the
- Safely handle and transport medical gases and hazardous
- Performs circulating and scrub duties for general, urology,
vascular, neuro, plastic, orthopedic, ophthalmology, pain
management, oral, robotic, thoracic, and otolaryngology
- Must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written
communication skills and tact in dealing with patients, families
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in keyboarding and
basic computer operations.
- Must have the physical capabilities to initiate crisis
intervention measures and the ability and knowledge to perform
nursing care in an emergency.
- Additional duties may be assigned. Training will be provided if
Keywords: ACI Federal, Inc., Edmond , Medical Surgery Unit - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Red Rock, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!