Chief Development Officer
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The Chief Development Officer is primarily responsible for
building, leading, and executing the resource and donor development
strategy and vision for YouVersion.YouVersion was created by the
local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today.
At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully
devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching
people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is
one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site
Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at
Life.Church Online.We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of
seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That's
why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage
and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community
is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding
in Him, and drawing closer every day.This role oversees the
financial stability, fundraising, and growth of YouVersion's
resources and relationships.What You'll Do
- Build, lead, and execute the resource development strategy and
- Plan and execute generosity development programs and
- Create short and long-term financial and generosity goals for
- Ensure effective operations of the Development team.
- Lead the Development team members to grow personally,
professionally, and spiritually.
- Collaborate with the YouVersion executive leadership team to
understand current and future resourcing needs.
- Partner with Life.Church Innovation, Generosity, and Product
teams to develop innovative giving solutions.
- Support and partner with YouVersion senior leadership on
strategic donor relationships.
- Manage, develop, and grow key donor and partner
- Consistently discover new and relevant ways to inspire and
- Build awareness of the organization and its vision through
outreach efforts and regular events in the global community.
- Represent YouVersion at key donor meetings and events.Skills
Needed to Succeed
- Leadership experience in building and leading high-performance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and
- Ability to strategize, build processes, and execute
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with experience
working with large organizations and executives.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster
- Five years experience in donor development, resource
development, or a related field.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or any other
related field.Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick
time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision
insurance that provides team members with useful resources and
savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x
annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is
available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for
full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff
to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have
up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and
employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account
in their first year. It doesn't stop there-the more years on staff,
the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest
in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to DiversityAt
Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is
expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider
ministry readiness and an individual's capacity to represent
Life.Church's beliefs as a minister during the selection process
for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within
every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is
to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. .While we unite
around our mission, we know unity doesn't mean uniformity. Our
calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be
intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know
that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and
gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn
more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, .All data
collected in our application process, from resume collection to
application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.
Keywords: Life.Church, Edmond , Chief Development Officer, Executive , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...