Project Manager - Pipeline Services
Company: Energy Transfer Family of Partnerships
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The primary responsibility of the Project Manager Pipeline Services
is to manage, direct and complete pipeline maintenance repair
projects, facility maintenance repair work, and capital repair and
replacement projects. Primary focus is the management and direction
of contract inspection and construction crews in the effective and
efficient completion of maintenance and capital construction
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Requires "hands on" management of field projects, contract
inspectors and construction crews to ensure that pipeline
construction and maintenance projects are compliant to safe work
practices, conform to all company procedures and specifications
with strict adherence to all local, state and federal rules, codes
and regulations and are completed in a timely, effective and
- Responsible for developing, organizing and maintaining project
scopes, project work plans, project timelines, construction
schedules, construction records, project cost estimates, contract
negotiations and issuance, and budgetary control to ensure projects
are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Vetting, contracting, training and managing construction,
integrity and welding inspectors required to inspect, control and
document pipeline repair projects.
- Assist with department Expense and Capital Budget
- Must be familiar with the following liquid petroleum pipeline
practices: in-line inspection, pipeline construction, pipeline
repair methodologies, hydrostatic testing, excavation, trench
safety and shoring techniques, pipeline anomaly inspection,
pipeline gas freeing and isolation, nitrogen displacement, hot
work, LOTO, welding inspection, permitting and gas testing during
pipeline repair work.
Education and/or Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements
for this position are listed below:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of extensive experience in construction, welding and
maintenance experience in pipeline industry, and understanding of
pipeline "pigging" technology
- Must be familiar with all applicable regulations including DOT,
API and ASME codes.
- Previous pipeline maintenance experience in excavating,
welding, certified welding inspector, and pipeline repair
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); good
computer skills; the ability to interact well with property owners,
municipal, state and federal agencies at all levels.
- Understanding and adherence to contracts and agreements within
scopes of work. Familiarity with OSHA Excavation Requirements, CP
and Coating (NACE) requirements for pipelines, storage facilities
and other facilities and other applicable DOT and API regulations
- Must be OQ qualified.
- A valid driver's license is required for this position
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- This position will require extended off-hour duties at
- Incumbent is expected to acquire a level of proficiency that
will enable him/her to perform the responsibilities of the Manager
of Pipeline Projects during absence periods of said manager.
- Supervisory or Managerial experience strongly preferred.
- College degree, preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the following codes and regulations:
USDOT CFR 192 and 195, API, ASME, ASNT, OSHA, and NACE
- Supporting capital projects in all areas of ETP will require
extensive travel up to 50%; 24/7 availability; support on pipeline
emergency leak repairs.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Usually, normal office working conditions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which
may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as
extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require
appropriate personal protective equipment.
Keywords: Energy Transfer Family of Partnerships, Edmond , Project Manager - Pipeline Services, Executive , Cushing, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!