Company: Iowa State University Research Park
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Environmental, Social, Governance Director is responsible
for designing, implementing and measuring Workiva's formal
environmental, social and governance strategy to establish the
company as a SaaS leader in responsible business practices that
positively impact our employees, customers, communities,
shareholders and the planet. Responsibilities
- Lead the development and implementation of a holistic, global
ESG disclosure strategy, including the creation and tracking of
public targets to relevant standards, establishing data and content
collection and validation processes for various stakeholder groups,
and support and lead key projects and programs in partnership with
teams across the enterprise.
- Working with executive leadership, create and implement
objectives and accountability frameworks that set the vision for
Workiva's short- and long-term public reporting and
- Work across a diverse group of internal stakeholder groups to
establish, measure and report the development and maintenance of
key qualitative and quantitative corporate sustainability metrics
that demonstrate Workiva's progress against its ESG
- Help shape the development of Workiva's proprietary ESG
reporting solution, and utilize the solution to develop and
implement an enterprise-wide plan for collecting, storing,
validating and distributing Sustainability and ESG data and content
for reporting and responding to requests from key
- Evaluate global ESG ratings, rankings and accountability
frameworks and oversee Workiva's responses.
- Serve as subject matter expert in sustainability and ESG
reporting for the enterprise and provide regular updates to the
executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- In conjunction with other internal departments, act as the
overall project manager to develop Workiva's annual sustainability
report, establish internal & external ESG talking points,
presentations and RFP support.
- Represent Workiva externally at industry events. What You'll
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience in a related field. Experience
- 10+ years of experience in corporate ESG/sustainability issues
and trends, including ESG frameworks, indices and ratings.
- Experience in the tech industry, preferred.
- Experience with third-party ESG reporting tools, a plus Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for sustainability
issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends as well as
the relevance of sustainability issues in the technology
- Detail oriented with a proven competency at analyzing and
interpreting complex data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for
high-visibility storytelling, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to bring
cross-functional teams together to achieve objectives.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to develop trusted
partnerships with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high level of
independence. Travel Requirement
- Up to 30% Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working
remotely, not in a Workiva office. Where You'll Work Our values
drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values
ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members,
build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure. We
believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture
gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give
our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our
culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating
and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range
of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's
most challenging problems.
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from
competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest
physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most
people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource
Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans,
Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering,
Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental
Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside
of work. Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We
value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we
recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought,
varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made
without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national
origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information,
marital status, citizenship status or any other protected
characteristic. Workiva is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To
request assistance with the application process, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org . The ISU Research Park (ISURP) was
founded to provide space and resources needed to advance
science-based initiatives. Today, over 90 companies own or rent
space in the Research Park - a number that's constantly growing.
The Research Park works with businesses from a variety of
industries to improve economic development in Ames, across the
state, and nation wide.
Keywords: Iowa State University Research Park, Edmond , Director, ESG, Executive , Ames, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!