District Sports Director, Edmond District YMCAs
Company: YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
District Sports Director, Edmond District YMCAs Level Management
Job Location Rankin YMCA - Edmond, OK Position Type Full Time 4
Year Degree Salary Range $37,568.00 - $37,568.00 Salary/year Travel
Percentage Up to 25% Job Shift All Shifts Job Category Nonprofit -
Social Services Description The District Sports Director oversees
the overall management and operation of Youth--Sports programming
for both the Mitch Park and Rankin YMCAs. This program is designed
for all ages and will serve over 10,000--participants annually.
This is a fulltime, exempt position and will be supervised by the
District Executive Director. Starting pay is $37,568 annually.
Benefits include: Free YMCA Household Membership Retirement Basic
Life Insurance Paid Time Off Duties and Responsibilities: The
incumbent must have the competencies, skills and proven leadership
ability to successfully carry out the association's mission, goals,
and visions for serving the community. Other important competencies
of the Program Director include the following: Management
- Prepares and administers budgets for the department and meets
the budgeted net by year-end.
- Develops and implements marketing for the areas of
responsibility that will positively impact the attendance and
- Participates in developing a schedule of year-round youth
- Aligns program operations to meet all legal and regulatory
requirements in support of the success of the YMCA and
- Prepares and implements marketing plans for all areas of
responsibilities to ensure growth each year.
- Submits information for program brochures in accordance with
the published schedule.
- Is available to work evenings and weekends as called upon or as
schedule dictates due to seasonal programming needs.
- Assists with the implementation of special events as needed for
their success as a member of the YMCA program staff.
- Maintains and inventories all supplies, including jerseys and
- Other duties as assigned and determined necessary. Job duties
could change depending on changes in the business. Teamwork:
- Works cooperatively with other department heads, volunteers,
committees and departments.
- Serves on and recruit key staff from the department for various
AD-Hoc committees needed for the overall success of the YMCA.
- Attends and participate in all staff meetings and trainings and
encourage other staff to do as well. Communication Skills:
- Provides quality ongoing training for staff and volunteers that
will enhance their capabilities and be applicable to their work on
a daily basis.
- Shares the YMCA story and programs when requested to various
groups in the community. Human Resources:
- Recruits, supervises, and trains quality, sufficient staff to
implement programs for the department. Cultivates the development
of the staff for growth and success.
- Provides direct, hands on training for coaches. Professional
- Able to maintain emotional control and composure in turbulent
challenging and changing conditions.
- Pays attention to detail, completeness and consistency when
performing job function.
- Able to instill confidence through dependability, meeting
deadlines, promptness, and regularity of attendance. Leadership:
- Influences staff and members by performing job functions in a
positive, enthusiastic manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Association's Strategic Plan and
- Incorporates and trains staff in our character development
values of respect, responsibility, caring and honesty into all
program areas. Attainment of Association Goals:
- Engages in active and healthy lifestyle to promote personal
well-being and exemplifies all characteristics of active
- Supports diverse and inclusive work environment and is a
community advocate for the YMCA Education & Certifications:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of two years successful experience
in a supervisory position. Physically and mentally able to respond
to emergencies and administer CPR effectively. Must be certified by
the Red Cross in PR/CPR, AED, O2, and First Aid. Ability to handle
complaining or demanding individuals without internalizing or
personalizing comments made. CPR for the professional must be
current. Must be willing to obtain YMCA certifications. Skills and
- Ability to work with community members of all ages - adults,
children/youth, and volunteers. Must be creative and demonstrate
initiative in program development.
- Must be able to project enthusiasm to staff and program
- Proven ability to lead staff and volunteers.
- Ability to work under occasional stressful conditions and to
work irregular hours. Ability to work independently.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to interpret, adopt, and apply
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City, Edmond , District Sports Director, Edmond District YMCAs, Executive , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!