Hospice RN Case Manager - Edmond, Oklahoma!
Company: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE
Posted on: January 7, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY:Provides professional care to nursing care to
the agency's home care patients as prescribed by the physician and
in compliance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the agency
policies and procedures. May also provide professional nursing
services in an institutional setting within the policies and
procedures of that institution.POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Currently
licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of
Oklahoma. At least 2 years hospice experience as an RN preferred.
Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing a huge plus.
Proficient in verbal, written, and electronic communication.Must be
flexible to adjust to changing tasks frequently. Requires good
hearing to assess situations quickly and respond appropriately.
Good color vision essential to determine subtle changes in
patient's skin color and to rapidly recognize medication and
color-coded supplies. Light to moderate physical activity required,
including possible lifting up to 35 lbs and turning of adult
clients. Light to moderate degrees of stress incurred in daily
employment. Must have valid driver's license, reliable vehicle,
maintain valid auto liability insurance, and be able to drive
throughout service area under a variety of weather conditions.
Contact with a variety of housing conditions required. Must be able
to maintain concentration during frequent
interruptions.RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Participate and lead case presentation in interdisciplinary
- Ability to provide care management oversight of up to 16
patients in various settings, ensuring all needs and goals are
- Ability to exercise good decision making and demonstrate strong
- Ability to demonstrate strong nursing skills and an ability to
- Implements the initial plan of care based off the comprehensive
assessment and makes updates to the comprehensive assessment
at-least every 15 days and more frequently based on the changing
needs and goals of the patient. Documents ongoing progress towards
- Perform and execute the RN duties associated with hospice plan
- As a case manager, be wholly responsible for patient hospice
care and support the need to work irregular hours as needed to
perform nursing and case management duties.
- Perform job in accordance and compliance with policies,
procedures, supervisory expectations and other directives as
defined by leadership.
- Perform admission visits, regular skilled nursing and
supervisory visits, hospice evaluations, imminent visits as well as
on-call and prn visits as assigned.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork characteristic and interpersonal
skills and able to work with the interdisciplinary team without
role blurring or conflict.
- Demonstrates strong understanding but not limited to the
concept of Death and Dying; Pain and Symptom Management; Grief and
- Perform supervisory visits to clients and re-evaluate client's
- The RN performs a home health aide supervisory visit at-least
every 14 days. The aide does not have to be present. In the event
of a complaint, RN will be present at the next home health aide
visit for observation and training.
- Performs monthly supervision of any LPN's assigned to the
- The supervision is done in the patient home, with or without
the LPN present, includes review of clinical records, ensuring plan
of care is being followed and co-signing all orders obtained by the
LPN in collaboration with the supervising RN.
- Provide and/or participate in and support all levels of hospice
care i.e. routine, respite, continuous, in-patient and imminent
- Provide accurate, timely, complete and acceptable
- Accurate -reflecting good nursing judgment, and as
- Timely - All electronic documentation to be completed by 10:00
the following day. Weekend notes completed by 10:00 the following
- Complete - all blanks, narrative that is legible and
understandable, confirmations as necessary. All initial documents
completed and signed.
- Acceptable - meeting acceptable Medicare standards as explained
and documented in the Accentra Home Health and Hospice Policy and
- Paints accurate picture of patient clinical presentation and
documents need for ongoing hospice care and or clinical stability
per Medicare requirements and initiates discharge Meet expectations
as defined by supervisor or management.
- Attends the Interdisciplinary meetings every 15 days.
- Attends case conferences and care coordination meetings with
various healthcare partners including nursing homes, assisted
living centers and hospitals to ensure avoidance of duplication of
services and care coordinated to meet patient specific goals.
- Provide all documents for up-to-date personnel files in a
timely manner as requested by Agency in order to continue being
scheduled for visits.
- Respond to emergencies and to standby until able to contact
Supervisor / Manager.
- Be alert to changes in level of care and initiate necessary
procedures after contacting physician.
- Notify Patient Care Coordinator, case team, and other
designated individuals; immediately of changes in client's
- Perform lead functions and communication related to integration
and coordination of care e.g. facility staff, physicians, pharmacy,
case team, supervisors, etc.
- Counsels client and family in meeting related needs.
- Exercise excellent nursing skills and provide services
requiring substantial specialized nursing skill.
- Initiate appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- May be required to rotate through as visit-on-call nurse and
make visits on weekends and holidays.
- Teach other personnel hospice procedures.
- Attend meetings involving Accentra Home Health and Hospice when
requested to do so.
- Assist in orientation of new personnel, if requested.
- Display ethical principles of acceptance and non-judgment
- Abide by laws, rules and regulations which govern hospice and
work environments e.g. non-discriminatory work environment.(This
description does not reflect all the responsibilities of the
position, nor shall this be considered as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be inherent in the
Keywords: ACCENTRA HOME HEALTHCARE, Edmond , Hospice RN Case Manager - Edmond, Oklahoma!, Executive , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!