Bombers Software Engineering Manager
Posted on: December 5, 2019
The Bombers Software team in Oklahoma City is experiencing
unprecedented growth across all of its supported platforms due to
the award of multiple new contracts to modernize the Bombers
fleets. -- These contracts involve the addition of new
state-of-the-art radar systems, hypersonic weapons systems, and
communications systems and displays.Bombers Software is seeking
talented and motivated professionals to develop innovative
solutions to complex problems for the B-1, B-2, B-52, and
ALCM/CALCM programs. The selected candidate will support tasks
across the full development lifecycle including design,
development, test, documentation, and sustainment for a product
line architecture and code baseline for Bomber aircraft platforms.
Candidates selected for these positions will work in an agile,
collaborative environment working with some of the latest software
development tools to support development and integration tasks.
Additional responsibilities may include documenting deployed
processes and tools; collecting metrics; supporting software
research and development projects. The selected candidate may also
troubleshoot basic software issues, and other software engineering
related duties as assigned by management.In this role as a Software
Engineering Manager you will be managing employees performing
engineering and technical activities in the area of software
engineering. -- The work performed by your team is critical to the
continued success of Boeing------s Bombers programs.Position
- Develops and executes project and process plans, implements
policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
- Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides
technical management of suppliers and leads process
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with
customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches,
products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees.
- Leverages strong collaborative skills and excellent written and
verbal communication skillsAt Boeing, we are all innovators on a
mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. -- From the
seabed to outer space, you------ll learn and grow, contributing to
work that shapes the world. -- Find your future with us!Join us,
and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers
and for the world.Security Clearance and Export Control
Requirements: This position requires the ability to obtain a US
Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship.Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an
accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science,
mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 3-years of experience leading or managing projects
- Minimum of 5-years of experience in Software
- Prior experience with C, C++, C#, Java, and/or Ada.
- Experience with leading large technical teams
- Experience flowing-down engineering and program requirements to
teams, as well as reporting status up to senior leadership
- An engineering degree as well as an MBABoeing --is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
Keywords: Boeing, Edmond , Bombers Software Engineering Manager, Executive , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!