Continuous Improvement Engineer
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Reports to: V ice P resident Operational Excellence
Position Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
About Nortek Air Management
Nortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses ,
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of
close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential,
Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions . Our Company's mission
is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values
of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we
are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and
sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer
expectations through employee's commitment to quality, customer
service and operational excellence.
Continuous Improvement Engineer supports the development of Nortek
Continuous Improvement cultur e across all the Business Unit s
/Vertical by actively promoting and facilitating the use of
continuous improvement methods to support current operations and
any/all new business. Continuous Improvement Engineer will drive
change through focused CI efforts to higher levels of performance
in safety, quality, performance, cost, and growth. Effectively
utilizing lean methodologies, and tools , with a bias for action,
this individual will interface and influence employee at all levels
and various functions across the business .
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other
team members accountable by having their back in support of our
Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating
others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that
deliver desired results and can "own it" in a Performance Driven
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for
- A "builder" who is comfortable in a continuous improvement
- Can thrive in a "legacy now" culture in which we strive to do
the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard
thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation
Continuously drives culture change and acceptance of Lean
Manufacturing principles across the organization.
Deploy training material and assists in delivery of training
sessions and workshops to all levels within the organization.
Continuously facilitates reviews and standardizes production system
tools and methods to align with Operational Excellence
Support engineers and helps implement efficient and reliable Lean
Supports Kaizen workshop activities and events.
Inspires and encourages the use of best practices throughout the
Engages plant management and employees in conceptualizing,
planning, and implementing, and sustaining continuous improvement
using Lean Manufacturing tools.
Frequently follows up with appropriate stakeholders to ensure
timely and effective implementation and sustainability of
continuous improvement projects.
- Assist with leadership to include identifying opportunities,
defining and financially justifying projects.
- Assist with identifying integration opportunities with other
projects/processes and coordinate the improvements with the
appropriate leaders to accomplish goals.
- Facilitate systematic problem solving, implementing solutions
to solve root-cause problems.
- Collects and monitors activities to assess trends and
opportunities to provide proactive recommendations.
- Communicates with operations and corporate leadership on
opportunities and progress.
- Assist with establishing the measuring and tracking process for
each initiative and provides timely reports to all
- Assists with developing synergies across all Business Units
with systemwide initiatives.
- Bachelor Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing
- 5 + years of experience in a manufacturing e ngineering role
- Implementing Lean / DFT principles in a manufacturing
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred .
- Experience working with t he Capital expenditures and new
product launch .
- Experience driving and helping the Business Units to achieve
yearly CIP (Cost Improvement Project) target.
- Experience in identifying opportunities to maintain CIP
pipeline by Business Unit .
- Experience in driving continuous improvement projects and f
acilitate & promot e best practice s .
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project / Smartsheet ,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio applications.
- Experience in deploying 5S, Kaizen, TPM and other Lean
- Experience with manufacturing process es (electrical &
mechanical assembly , fabrication, welding, and paint)
- Working knowledge in assessing ergonomic and safety conditions
( especially related to repetitive /sustained awkward postures
stress injuries ) .
- T ravel up to 25%+
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Five years' or more demonstrated succes ses in manufacturing
setting , preferably HVAC-focused, delivering results by leading
multi-disciplinary projects for high-performing, global, and
complex durable consumer goods manufacturing companies.
N ortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive
compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air
Solutions , please visit our company website at .
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity
employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant
on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age
disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by
federal or state law. Associated topics: assembly, automotive,
brakes, catia, mechanical, mechanical engineer, mechanism,
propulsion, rotordynamic, turbomachinery
Keywords: Nortek, Edmond , Continuous Improvement Engineer, Engineering , Okarche, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!