Medical Secretary/Optometric Technician
Company: BeSpoke Vision
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Medical Secretary/Optometric Technician Needed
Do you love gadgets and gizmos as much as you love working with
people? Can you geek out on science/medical marvel TV shows until
way past your bedtime? Then we want to talk to you about our
Medical Secretary/OptometricTechnician position.
Our busy optical practice needs a Medical
Secretary/OptometricTechnician to help us give patients a 5-star
experience every time they're here. This is a full-time position
with NO weekends, offering you the stability of a career in
NO Experience Needed:
Prior eyecare, healthcare or medical office experience is a plus,
but certainly not required. We offer paid training to the right
person with a great attitude, a helpful heart, and a love of
learning! We will make sure you're totally confident working with
our equipment and patients before you start handling these tasks
What you'll be doing:
As a Medical Secretary/Optometric Technician, you'll be handing a
lot of the important work that goes on to set the doctor and the
patient up for success. As the first person to work with each
patient during their appointment, you'll be the one that calms
their nerves, gets them in a great mood, and shows them that we are
there to serve them in every way we can!
Some of your duties will include:
- Taking the patient back to the exam room and verifying their
- Spending 15+ minutes with each patient before the doctor comes
in, performing duties such as measuring retinal function,
peripheral vision, and retinal thickness; and taking retinal
photographs. (You'll be using the same type of instruments NASA
uses on the space station!)
- "Refracting" the patient, which means starting the process of
finding the patient's eyeglass prescription before the doctor comes
in to refine it.
- Taking notes for the doctor during the patient's exam.
- Ordering proper tests based on the doctor's diagnoses.
- Consistent cross-training for optimal career growth
- Properly coding procedures so everything gets paid by the
Why this job is more than a job
In Eye Care, we change people's lives. We help grandma and grandpa
keep their independence by saving their eyesight. We help kids get
better grades because they can finally see the board! We prevent
devastating traffic accidents, allow parents to take in every
detail on their children's faces, and help people enjoy a higher
quality of life - because life is so much better when you can
If you want a career where you can directly impact the well-being
of your community, this is it!
Skills required - If these sound like you, please apply!
- You can make anybody feel comfortable, from squirmy little kids
to great-grandmothers... and everyone in between.
- You've got the perfect balance of patience and efficiency.
- You're insanely detail-oriented - Even Santa is jealous of your
"making a list and checking it twice" skills.
- You LOVE to learn and master new skills quickly.
- You're famous for doing what you say you're going to do - no
- You take pride and ownership in everything you do - whatever
you do, you do it well.
- You see yourself as an integral part of your team's success
(because we will).
Some of what we offer:
- Health, Dental and In-house Vision Benefits
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Profit Sharing and education reimbursement
BeSpoke Vision is a fast-paced growing eye care practice. We love
to come to work every day because we love what we do and we've
built an office culture that can't be beat. If you're looking to
join a team that feels like a family, where your efforts will
always be appreciated, and where you will be valued for the amazing
person you are, apply now!
We kindly ask you not call or email the practice, directly,
regarding your application as we are busy caring for our patients.
Complete your assessments and we'll be back in touch with you very
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: BeSpoke Vision, Edmond , Medical Secretary/Optometric Technician, Administration, Clerical , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!