Compliance and BSA Officer
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Company: Peoples Bank & Trust Co.
Job Description: Compliance and BSA Officer
The Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring compliance with
state and federal regulations and verifying the audit function for
the bank. Responsibilities include administering all aspects of the
bank's compliance activities, consulting with management on
compliance issues, leading various committees, monitoring
legislative/administrative developments as they pertain to the
bank, performing vendor management and contract review and
performing special projects as needed. Establishes risk analysis of
various issues and provides this information to management. Works
with the internal auditor on various control functions. Advises the
Board of Directors, executive management and employees on
compliance issues and guides in the establishment of controls to
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the chairperson of the Compliance Committee.
- Maintains inventory of current compliance laws, regulations and
- Coordinates regulatory compliance exams with internal control
- Keeps policy manuals up to date and assists officers in
obtaining information to create new policies.
- Assists with updates to BSA/CTR files as needed.
- Maintains records in compliance with the BSA Policy.
- Processes and files CTRS.
- Establishes and tests fair lending activity to ensure
- Ensures bank personnel have received adequate compliance
- Serves as assistant chairperson of the Audit Committee.
- Coordinates with our internal auditor and ensures the auditor's
findings are adequately reported to the Board of Directors
- Manages external auditor relationships and helps auditor,
coordinates audits for various departments. Reports findings to the
Board of Directors when necessary.
- Tracks progress on correction of audit deficiencies and reports
on progress until all issues are resolved.
- Ensures ACH compliance audit files are maintained and the ACH
audit is completed annually.
- Ensures the ACH Compliance Report is provided to the Board of
III. Vendor Management
- Completes vendor management risk assessment worksheets for new
relationships, evaluates performance, reliability and red flags for
- Independently researches new vendors for additional information
about the stability and reliability, assessing all risk associated
with working with the company.
- Makes recommendation to management regarding risk associated
with working with proposed company.
- Completes annual vendor reviews of high risk vendors,
evaluating history with the bank as well as current stability.
IV. Board Reports
- Prepares board reports accurately and timely, keeping Board
Members apprised of pertinent information.
- Researches as needed for employees and customers; provides
information requested in a timely manner.
VI. Customer Service
- Provides an excellent level of customer service to the bank's
customers as well as to employees and vendors.
VII. Special Projects
- Completes special project as requested, as they relate to the
bank and its functions.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Position requires a strong working comprehension of operations
activities and banking compliance.
- Must have knowledge of current state and federal banking laws
- Ability to work independently, with little to no supervisory
- Requires excellent communication skills, good time management
skills and the ability to initiate and embrace change.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
professionally and effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with staff members,
customers and vendors.
- Four years of High School with emphasis in general business
- 3-5 years of banking experience, specifically in the Compliance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision making process that is consistent, thoughtful
and informed, with the ability to consider alternate conclusions
- General analytical, and organizational skills, with strong
attention to detail with immediate and accurate results.
- Ability to operate computers and a variety of office
- Must be organized, self-motivated, multi-task and detail
oriented and have working knowledge of applicable bank software,
programs, policies and procedures.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
May perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time options possible
Salary: $48,000 - $150,000 Annual
Keywords: iHire, Edmond , Compliance and BSA Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Edmond, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!